PDA

View Full Version : Zebra moray eel. Anyone else have one?

fishyfolks
02-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Does anyone else have a zebra moray eel? I am setting up a new 125 (well new to me) and the tank came along with a 30" moray eel. I have done a bit of research on them, but would love to pick the brains of those of you that have one too.

He is passive. The guy I bought the tank from, fed him by hand (noooooo thank you! lol) He also picked him up out of the water and placed him directly into the bucket for transport. for the next few days, I will be keeping him in my existing 90 , while i get the new 125 cleaned out. This moray has lived harmoniously with his tank mates thus far, buuuuuut I'd like to set my new tank up as BB. I dont want any sand at all. Will this be suitable for him. What do you guys think?

monocus
02-28-2012, 02:53 AM
i have one and a snowflake.call me at 604 521 1510

targa81
02-28-2012, 04:07 PM
I've had one for years. As long as you have plenty of rock work I don't think a BB will be a problem. Mine likes the occasional thawed rinsed raw tiger prawn which I feed with tongs but usually will just eat large Mysis like the rest of my fish.

monocus
02-28-2012, 06:24 PM
your lucky.my eels will only eat clams ,prawns.raw shrimp,oysters,scallops,and king crab

2bafish
02-28-2012, 07:15 PM
your lucky.my eels will only eat clams ,prawns.raw shrimp,oysters,scallops,and king crab

Same here. Only want to eat those things. One thing I like about them is when they are full they just refuse to eat more. No worries about overfeeding.

fishyfolks
02-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks for all of the replies! A special thanks to monocus! It was great speaking with you. I'll definitely give you a call in a few weeks :)