PDA

View Full Version : Big cap placement?

Son Of Skyline
03-03-2004, 04:02 PM
For those of u with huge m. caps and not huge tanks (anything over 120gal is huge to me :) ) how do u have them placed? Near the bottom, high in the tank...etc?

Just need some aquascaping ideas for placing a big cap. Mine's starting to get big and I think I'm going to have to move it around soon.

Anybody got any pics of their big caps in their tanks?

:)

Delphinus
03-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Big caps in not-so-big tanks equals moderate headache.

http://members.shaw.ca/hobiesailor/temp/tankshots/75g.jpg

This one should be much lower in the tank because of its height (it was much lower to begin with but over 2 years has grown some 10" in height). It's height and overall circumference create some nasty flow and lighting shadows and it's a challenge to work around it. Honestly, mine doesn't belong in my tank anymore, it's far outgrown this current tank and if someone made an offer to trade for something or to buy it, I'd probably be tempted. Frag it and let it start over, that's my advice: i.e., "don't let this happen ... to you."

Son Of Skyline
03-03-2004, 07:26 PM
Wow Tony...now that's a huge cap! I may have to take your advice. Thanks...

Delphinus
03-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Bear in mind my tank is a 75g. Probably at least 4"-6" shorter than yours and also 6" shorter front-to-back depth. With a 120 I'd expect you'd have some more time before it got to this level. :biggrin: