PDA

View Full Version : A rather unscientific poll...

Quinn
03-03-2004, 05:45 AM
Because I have too much time on my hands, I'd like you to please answer the above poll. Please only participate if you actually have SPS corals, and your skimming level and coral coloration meets one of the below guidelines.

By skim like crazy, I mean you have a skimmer on your tank, and you are comfortable saying you have completely adequate skimming.

By don't skim much or at all, I mean you have a skimmer but you believe it is underpowered or at least, below what most would recommend for a tank of your size, or you don't skim at all.

By super-bright corals, I mean SPS corals that most SPS buffs would consider stunning, bright, and colourful.

By dull corals, I mean corals that haven't coloured up to the degree that you would like or that you feel they should. If someone else has this same coral (a frag of yours or vice-versa), and it falls under the super-bright classification, use this as a benchmark.

Thank you.

Jack
03-03-2004, 07:43 AM
There are too many other factors involved in SPS coloration but in my opinion good skimming has a huge part in it.