PDA

View Full Version : My RBTA has split!

toolmanbmw
02-26-2012, 01:01 AM
My RBTA has split today!!! Too Bad I was at work or else I would have recorded it.

daniella3d
02-26-2012, 03:33 AM
wow, that's a gorgious bubble tip! hope that mine will become as pretty as this. How big is it?

My RBTA has split today!!! Too Bad I was at work or else I would have recorded it.

btymens
02-26-2012, 03:51 AM
are you interested in selling one?

toolmanbmw
02-26-2012, 04:05 AM
Thanks Daniella3d would love to see a picture of your RBTA also. Before the split he is around 6 inches or so across. I am just hopping that they don't go too far away from where they are now when the light goes out.

Btymens won't be selling for now. Will let them heal and go from there. Will keep you in mind.

daniella3d
02-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Do they only move when the light goes out? I noticed that mine seemed to only move then?

And how long do they take to heal after a split?

Thanks Daniella3d would love to see a picture of your RBTA also. Before the split he is around 6 inches or so across. I am just hopping that they don't go too far away from where they are now when the light goes out.

Btymens won't be selling for now. Will let them heal and go from there. Will keep you in mind.

lockrookie
02-26-2012, 02:08 PM
my bubble tip seems to split every 3 to 4 months in my 50g just recently had one split the other day it doesn't seem to take too long to heal just a bugger to get them off my rock they hold on tight

toolmanbmw
02-26-2012, 03:08 PM
I just heard they like to hide after a split. These guys didn't move last night :)

staceyd72
02-26-2012, 09:06 PM
From my experience after they split it's best to leave them alone, I made the mistake a few years ago of trying to feed it (what I assumed was the new one), it took the food but died off a day later. After that episode I leave them alone and they tend to do very well afterward.
Mine now is about three years old and has not split in well over a year.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e18/staceyd72/DSC_2645.jpg

toolmanbmw
02-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Stacey that is one nice RBTA!