PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic scratch remover

Neil
02-25-2012, 04:43 PM
i just bought a bowfront aquarium that is scratched to hell (sight unseen- live and learn i guess). are there any good products from local vendor's that i can purchase to sand and buff out the scratches? Any of them reef safe? i searched and found a few threads- but no definitive best way about removing the scratches

Raf
02-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Novus makes several grades of scratch removers. Takes time but they work well..

http://www.novuspolish.com/

scubadawg
02-25-2012, 08:04 PM
I went a rock store and bought some of the fine powder used for tumblers and used it for polishing my acrylic dome port of my underwater camera housing, then used jewelers rouge for the final polish, I have the novus product also, but that takes a long time.

no_bs
02-25-2012, 10:15 PM
I went a rock store and bought some of the fine powder used for tumblers and used it for polishing my acrylic dome port of my underwater camera housing, then used jewelers rouge for the final polish, I have the novus product also, but that takes a long time.

Does your stuff work on deep scratches also? Or is it a polisher?

scubadawg
02-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Yes, it will work on deep scratches, on 1 dive trip I actually bump a rock underwater and gouge the dome port, so here's me in my room watching tv, as I polish the port scratch out. Looks like it wasn't even scratched.

vaporize
02-26-2012, 01:05 AM
I remembered a LFS guy told me that there's an underwater buff thing that can be used inside a full tank

Lance
02-26-2012, 01:30 AM
Untamed (Brad) has experience with scratch remover.