PDA

View Full Version : JBJ TRUE TEMP DIGITAL AQUARIUM HEATER CONTROLLER 800W

lockrookie
02-24-2012, 05:55 AM
has anyone purchased or used such a beast as this.. looking for opinions and testimonals

lockrookie
02-25-2012, 05:19 PM
noone has used this product? how bout the brans jbj good brand bad brand?

intarsiabox
02-25-2012, 06:06 PM
No experience with JBJ but I think a lot of people looking at temperature controlers end up getting a "Lite" version of an aquarium controller for the price difference.

lockrookie
02-25-2012, 07:51 PM
this is true but my issue is i look at controller packages and i cant stop at the lite lol trying to resist temptation. so many gadgets available are they all really needed. its a tough decision for me.

intarsiabox
02-25-2012, 08:20 PM
this is true but my issue is i look at controller packages and i cant stop at the lite lol trying to resist temptation. so many gadgets available are they all really needed. its a tough decision for me.

I hear ya! I was in the same boat as you at Christmas and ended up getting the Reefkeeper Elite instead of the lite version as it was on sale.

lockrookie
02-25-2012, 10:45 PM
I hear ya! I was in the same boat as you at Christmas and ended up getting the Reefkeeper Elite instead of the lite version as it was on sale.

exactly and thats the thing i counted all the devices that need to be controlled i need at least 2 powerbars so i may as well go elite but ive done well with timer bars... so i figured themost important controlled device is my heater the rest can be done via timer power bar. or maybe i should start saving now lol and get a controller for christmas.

AquaticFinatic
02-25-2012, 11:05 PM
I was thinking about getting a jbj but am in the same boat as you. Are they any good etc. tagging along. Thx.

Cugio
02-26-2012, 12:38 AM
I would not recommend it. Do a search on Google and at reef central. You will find that a lot of people had it fail on them and that the manufacture did not honor its warranty.

lockrookie
02-26-2012, 02:08 AM
thats definately not impressive...ill read into that thanks