PDA

View Full Version : Blind crosshatch trigger.

Ryanst
02-22-2012, 08:35 PM
My crosshatch trigger appears to be blind and I don't know what to do with him. It been about a month now he looks perfectly healthy but he can't see where he is going just keeps bumping into stuff when he swims. Normally he just sits in a hole in the rocks and waits to be fed everyday.

Cal_stir
02-22-2012, 09:01 PM
keep feeding him, let nature take its course

TimT
02-22-2012, 09:10 PM
How long have you had the fish? I gather it's been blind for the full month?

daniella3d
02-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Check if he has flukes in his eyes. You could put him in quarantine and use Paraguard to cure his eyes if he has flukes. Mine had eye flukes when I got it and a huge pop eye, and after treating with Paraguar for 3 weeks the popeye healed and the flukes were gone.

He still does not have 100% vision I can guess but he see well enough to catch very small food in the water like fish roe.

It is worth a try.

Ryanst
02-23-2012, 12:03 AM
How long have you had the fish? I gather it's been blind for the full month? I have had the fish for over a year. I am pretty sure he has been blind the entire time.

Check if he has flukes in his eyes. You could put him in quarantine and use Paraguard to cure his eyes if he has flukes. Mine had eye flukes when I got it and a huge pop eye, and after treating with Paraguar for 3 weeks the popeye healed and the flukes were gone.

He still does not have 100% vision I can guess but he see well enough to catch very small food in the water like fish roe.

It is worth a try.
I thought it might be eye flukes so I did a 10 minute freshwater dip a few days ago but nothing changed. One good thing is he is really easy to catch. lol I dont really have a big enough quarantine tank for a 7.5 inch long fish.

daniella3d
02-23-2012, 02:48 AM
I wonder if a freshwater dip is enough to kill eye flukes if they are inside the eyes? Maybe a longer term bath with med is needed? Just a thought.

Does his eyes have a cloudy apparence? can you post a pic?

I have had the fish for over a year. I am pretty sure he has been blind the entire time.

I thought it might be eye flukes so I did a 10 minute freshwater dip a few days ago but nothing changed. One good thing is he is really easy to catch. lol I dont really have a big enough quarantine tank for a 7.5 inch long fish.

Ryanst
02-23-2012, 03:36 AM
He does have a bit of cloudy eyes that's why I gave him the freshwater dip. My quarantine tank is 24x24x12 if he is blind he could probably stay In there for a while while getting treated.