PDA

View Full Version : Naso Tang Feeding

Finisher604
02-22-2012, 05:31 AM
I have a lovely naso tang whom is eating well. I am feeding spinach soaked in garlic after boiling. She is a pig!! It seems I have to refill the spinach clip every few hrs.

?
How often do you or would you feed your naso tang.
?
What do you feed your naso tang

Aquattro
02-22-2012, 05:35 AM
I fed all my tangs nori once a day, pellets once a day. Twice a week I would substitute mysis for the pellets. Once in a while I would feed kale as a treat. They didn't think it was such a treat, but...

Bblinks
02-22-2012, 06:14 AM
I feed my tangs like Brad, fairly heavy. On weekends I treat them to various frozen food soaked with garlic and selcom. I like to feed 3-6 times a day with small to medium size meals including pellets, flakes, dried cyclopes, even some acan plus and 2 half sheets of nori both green and purple.

phreezee
02-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Broccoli, the B vitamins prevent and treat HLLE in my experience. This is the only food I have found to have positive health benefits in my Tangs.

Finisher604
02-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Interesting habits these fish have. I'll try the broccoli too.

globaldesigns
02-22-2012, 03:37 PM
I feed all my fish, including all my tangs (I have a blonde naso also) 3 types of pellets, 3 times a day, using an automatic feeder... Sometimes (maybe once a month) I feed nori. That is it.

I know, not feeding like the rest of you, but my fish are over 3-4 years old, fat and healthy. They continually pick at my live rock, but I don't overfeed and I don't feed alot of things that can pollute the water.

lastlight
02-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Mine get NLS, Ocean Nutrition and New Era twice a day. Mysis at least once a day too. Neither of my tangs like nori I'm still working on it.