PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Metal Worker

dc4
02-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Looking to get a set of rails made for my led lights to mount on my tank, its a 72g bowfront, so 48" rails. Anyone here good with metal work? Not looking for anything fancy, just something that functions and looks decent. Let me know if you can help or know anyone that does metal work. Thanks!

Coralgurl
02-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Check with The Grizz, he just built me a light stand for my radions, pics posted on my build thread!

Nano
02-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Looking to get a set of rails made for my led lights to mount on my tank, its a 72g bowfront, so 48" rails. Anyone here good with metal work? Not looking for anything fancy, just something that functions and looks decent. Let me know if you can help or know anyone that does metal work. Thanks!

yup check with Grizz, he's building light rails for modularled.ca ATM. so he might be able to get something together for you

dc4
02-20-2012, 07:58 PM
yup check with Grizz, he's building light rails for modularled.ca ATM. so he might be able to get something together for you

Its going to hard to have someone from out of town to make them as I dont trust myself with the measurements :mrgreen: and have to deal with shipping. Thanks though...

Nano
02-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Its going to hard to have someone from out of town to make them as I dont trust myself with the measurements :mrgreen: and have to deal with shipping. Thanks though...

he just shipped a tank to NWT so I think your ok there. lol plus hes a pretty bright guy, you give him your tank dimensions he could probably come back to you with something. hard to say.

good luck:biggrin:

spit.fire
02-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Make me a drawing and I can give you a quote

spit.fire
02-20-2012, 09:04 PM
And I can also send stuff out for powder coating

dc4
02-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Make me a drawing and I can give you a quote

Ill do the best i can when i get home... :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

jorjef
02-20-2012, 09:39 PM
I made a simple hanging system for two SOL.. I got a eight foot pce of 3/4" aluminum tubing from Home Depot, it was $15.99, cut in half for the two rails. They have balck plastic plugs for the ends to finish it a bit nicer. I drilled a hole through the tubing for the rail screws on the fixture. Then I drilled a 1/2" hole on the top side of the tubing so the screwhead is inside of the tubing rather than on the top side of the tubing. I bought a AI hanging kit that was un-useable in my situation but used the two end cables that were to attach to the ends of the AI rail system and attached them to the inside sides to the tubing and hung the light with them. Cutting and assembly was about twenty minutes

dc4
02-20-2012, 11:15 PM
I made a simple hanging system for two SOL.. I got a eight foot pce of 3/4" aluminum tubing from Home Depot, it was $15.99, cut in half for the two rails. They have balck plastic plugs for the ends to finish it a bit nicer. I drilled a hole through the tubing for the rail screws on the fixture. Then I drilled a 1/2" hole on the top side of the tubing so the screwhead is inside of the tubing rather than on the top side of the tubing. I bought a AI hanging kit that was un-useable in my situation but used the two end cables that were to attach to the ends of the AI rail system and attached them to the inside sides to the tubing and hung the light with them. Cutting and assembly was about twenty minutes

Im sure its fairly easy to do however I dont have the time to spend on it and don't want to buy the tools to complete it. Plus i don't want to f it up and have my lights drop into the tank, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk