PDA

View Full Version : OF large carpet or xl rose or ultra red bubble

Saltnoob
02-19-2012, 11:49 PM
I'm looking for large anemones would prefer attached to a rock that way i can just drop him and his home in lol

Reefie
02-19-2012, 11:58 PM
PM Reefdigger
He had a 20" MONSTER Red Carpet, not sure if he still has it.
He also has Deep Red BTA's, not sure if they'll be big enough for you.

paddyob
02-20-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm looking for large anemones would prefer attached to a rock that way i can just drop him and his home in lol

Rock is unimportant when buying an anemone. I doubt it would stay on even in transport.

His home is the current tank. Not the rock. Unlike corals, it decides where it wants to be. Unless your tank is identical in every way to its current tank and flow, it is going to move.

He will move once you put him in your tank either way. A new nem never settles for the first place you drop it.

There is a lot of good reading out there on them.

Good luck.

reefwars
02-20-2012, 02:01 AM
A new nem never settles for the first place you drop it.

its true a nem will find his own place but its not impossible to keep them where you drop them, my last couple of carpets never moved(untill later)when i introduced them. for carpets the trick is they like a spot where they can dig their foot in deep and they like a rock crevice where they can tuck into when its cleaning time or are disturbed. they also need the room to completely fan out.

if you feed it enough and the right foods it shouldnt move provided it can live comfortably with its area meaning if you place it in direct flow it will move same with placing them in the shade.

light isnt a huge deal with carpets provided they get the right meaty food and often enough but they do like to lie directly under the light, my carpet has went from about 6" to 20" in 4 mths and has only moved once while i was on vacation for 4 days(suspect he was hungry) i only run 2x 54w t5s on my whole 90g and with target feedings all my corals and carpet nems are growing huge:P

reefwars
02-20-2012, 02:03 AM
should also mention most carpets you buy dont come on rock as they prefer sand but they def do attach to rock so not impossible just more common to get a carpet raw in the bag/bucket

Davidbugera
02-20-2012, 04:04 AM
Rock is unimportant when buying an anemone. I doubt it would stay on even in transport.

His home is the current tank. Not the rock. Unlike corals, it decides where it wants to be. Unless your tank is identical in every way to its current tank and flow, it is going to move.

He will move once you put him in your tank either way. A new nem never settles for the first place you drop it.

There is a lot of good reading out there on them.

Good luck.

I agree with all but one thing I just bought a 12" carpet two days ago it has not moved from the spot it droped ( mind u this happen to be a location made for his flow and light needs) and looks even better then it did at the pet store

lee9
02-20-2012, 04:58 AM

My 3 Bubble tip anemones stayed right where I put them when I moved from my 28 gallon tank to my 65 gallon tank. It's been a month or so now. They were all attached to rocks and I moved them on the rocks and placed them where I wanted them.

I probably jinxed them now though. ;)

reefwars
02-20-2012, 04:58 AM
I agree with all but one thing I just bought a 12" carpet two days ago it has not moved from the spot it droped ( mind u this happen to be a location made for his flow and light needs) and looks even better then it did at the pet store

what color did you get dave??:P

paddyob
02-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Lucky. Many people complain about roaming anemones.

I myself have never had one stay in it's original placement.

My current RBTA moved about, and now has a 10" area it juggles.

It has been in the same area for long time now, but it took a bit to settle.... In highest flow possible. 6" from my powerhead.

BlueTang<3
02-20-2012, 01:36 PM
should also mention most carpets you buy dont come on rock as they prefer sand but they def do attach to rock so not impossible just more common to get a carpet raw in the bag/bucket

The gigantea are the rock carpets and the haddonis are the sand carpets. :smile:

Saltnoob
02-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Bump