PDA

View Full Version : Reef Meeting?

whaase
02-29-2004, 02:59 PM
So how was the meeting? What did everyone get? Pictures! Wish I could have stayed longer, but, I had to take the kids home. :smile: Thanks Steve and Lori for hosting it, it was great while I was there.

Walter

Canadian Man
02-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Picked me up a pocilopora frag from Jack.
And another acro from Evan.

Great party! (Errr Meeting :lol: ) Nice to see everyone again.

Bob I
02-29-2004, 03:57 PM
I got some zoo frags from Christy, and Jack, and some Xenia from Stretch.

It was great meeting Christy, and Jack, and enjoyable seeing other folks again. It is so much better to meet face to face that talking online.

Thanks also to Steve and Lori (or Lori and Steve) for hosting the party, and showing us that fine tank. :smilecol: :multi:

Delphinus
02-29-2004, 04:23 PM
What a fanatastic turnout! It was great to see everyone again.

Thanks Steve And Lori And The Girls and The Dogs and The Cat for letting us all into your house!! :mrgreen:

Stretch
02-29-2004, 05:16 PM
I'll post some picture later after my lights come on for a bit

AJ_77
02-29-2004, 08:39 PM
Got (from Jack) one of those "acro" you people talk about so much... :biggrin:

oh, and some zoos from Christy! Gotta go see if they're the right ones - cute lil' beggars...

But MAN, that Yellow Scroll coral - very cool indeed! Am waiting for the first frags from those beauties (accidental or otherwise)! :cool:

Great party too, good group, yup yup. And his breeding pair of A. ocellaris blessed us all with a clutch of eggs while we watched.
:eek:

Buccaneer
03-01-2004, 04:48 AM
Thanks to everyone that came over and for the compliments to our " 300G work in progress " ... we had a fantastic time hosting and it was great to see everyone ( new and old faces ) ... also nice to see Jack and Christy made it all the way from BC ... we really ought to do it more often.

Got invited a couple times over to friends in the last couple weeks and of course the question when you turn them down is " so what are you doing ? "

At first we said .... " a bunch of reefers were coming over " :eek:

but with the raised eyebrows we decided on a better tact so the reply was replaced with

" we are hosting the Calgary Marine Aquarium Societies first meeting of 2004 " :razz: :mrgreen: ... that went over a little better :razz: :cool:

Thanks again for everyone that could make it out last nite and look forward to seeing you all at the next meet ( including those that could not make it this time out )

Cheers

Quinn
03-01-2004, 04:55 AM
Thanks for hosting Steve. Had to stop myself from driving home from Calgary with another five or six frags. :rolleyes: It was fun to see everyone again, not so fun when Bob accused me of playing for the "other team". :lol:

Bob I
03-01-2004, 05:06 AM
Thanks for hosting Steve. Had to stop myself from driving home from Calgary with another five or six frags. :rolleyes: It was fun to see everyone again, not so fun when Bob accused me of playing for the "other team". :lol:

You have to expect that when you play on both sides of the fence. :lilangel:

christyf5
03-01-2004, 05:33 AM
Hey all,

I just wanted to say thanks to Steve for hosting the meeting at such an opportune time :wink: I had a great time and it was great to see everyone again as well as meet some new faces. And thanks to those who generously let me view their tanks. There are some impressive setups out here :biggrin:

Can't wait to do it all again :razz:

Christy :)

EmilyB
03-01-2004, 09:17 AM
Thanks to all for showing their tanks this weekend. Kept them busy. Glad they are taking home show frags for BC.. :mrgreen: :cool:

TANGOMAN
03-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Thank you Steve & family for opening your home to us all. It was great to see familiar faces & meet some new ones.
It was great meeting with Christy & Jack ! I was also happy to see some representation from Nate. The local retailers are as important being fellow hobbiests as they are suppliers. If they don't capitalze on that, I'm goona'... someday. :wink: .
Thanks again Steve ! That is one AWESOME set-up you got going on there ! Once again I fell victim to envy and returned home feeling very humbled...

DiscusZ
03-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Hopefully there will be another meet soon, since I have been on CanReef there has only bee 2 meets, both of which I missed. I am looking forward to the next meeting and hope it is not too off in the distant future.

Jim

christyf5
03-03-2004, 03:50 AM
Pics from the meeting. I thought I had taken more :confused:

http://www3.telus.net/seamonkey68/meeting04.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/seamonkey68/meeting05.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/seamonkey68/meeting06.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/seamonkey68/meeting07.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/seamonkey68/meeting08.jpg

Quinn
03-03-2004, 04:23 AM
Wow Jon, that plastic bag must be pretty interesting! And there's Bob, getting his exercise, next to Alan, who shrunk for the occasion. And then Tony, demonstrating what happens when he drinks really old beer from the back of Doug's truck. Man, who's that kid with the white baseball cap? He needs to cut his freakin' hair!

AJ_77
03-03-2004, 05:13 AM
Omigosh, it looks like I'm kneeling in prayer and the tank is the altar...
"please God, please God, please O God please!!!"
:biggrin:

a guy's gotta try...

Canadian Man
03-03-2004, 05:14 AM
:lol:

Christy, You thought you took more? You were just to busy getting LUCKY with Jack :lol: :eek: :razz:

EmilyB
03-03-2004, 05:16 AM
:eek:

AJ_77
03-03-2004, 05:19 AM
just to busy getting LUCKY...
Lucky?? Heck, that's skill (at picture-taking, I mean)...

Lookie, Deb is in every photo, or at least her hair is. :biggrin:

:lol:

EmilyB
03-03-2004, 05:19 AM
What is Jim describing to Tony.... :confused: :razz:

EmilyB
03-03-2004, 05:22 AM
I was gonna mention that at least you and I got a haircut for the meeting Alan.... :rolleyes: :lol: :razz:

AJ_77
03-03-2004, 05:22 AM
What is Jim describing to Tony.... :confused: :razz:
Dunno, but they're BOTH blushing!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
at least you and I got a haircut for the meeting Alan....
Kind of nice of us, don't you think? To set an example for Quinn??
:wink:

Bob I
03-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Wow Jon, that plastic bag must be pretty interesting! And there's Bob, getting his exercise, next to Alan, who shrunk for the occasion. And then Tony, demonstrating what happens when he drinks really old beer from the back of Doug's truck. Man, who's that kid with the white baseball cap? He needs to cut his freakin' hair!

That kid with the white baseball cap should have worn it backward to complete the image. :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Quinn
03-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Ah Bob you're just jealous because I've got more hair than you. :razz:

Canadian Man
03-03-2004, 05:23 PM
Ah Bob you're just jealous because I've got more hair than you. :razz: :lol:

christyf5
03-03-2004, 05:36 PM
You guys are funny :biggrin:

TANGOMAN
03-04-2004, 09:26 PM
I'm insulted ! I cut my hair just that day too ! Did anyone comment on how nice it looked ? Noooo... :evil:

christyf5
03-04-2004, 09:52 PM
I'm insulted ! I cut my hair just that day too ! Did anyone comment on how nice it looked ? Noooo... :evil:

Well Doug, I for one thought it looked fabulous! Of course I couldn't compare it to what you looked like previously.... :razz:

Christy :)