PDA

View Full Version : LF Xenia eating Nudibranch (Or what have you)

sbcam
02-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Hi all, looking for anything that attacks and kills Xenia. I have heard that SOME Nudibranch will eat Xenia like a lawn mower... so if you have one that loves the stuff I sure would likme to get my hands on it. Either that or I will have to take apart my entire tank and start over... thanks in advance!

Tderow30
02-12-2012, 02:15 PM
i didnt know something would kill xenia, i also thought you had to remove by hand. But ya i need something to chow it down too its starting to get all over.....

Rogue951
02-12-2012, 03:05 PM
tear it off the rocks and kalk paste the remaining flesh. make sure your skimmer set on high and do a water change after just incase the zenia release anything.
its what i've been doing. so far so good except where i cant get my fingers in to tear it.

guess i should add only for small amounts of xenia... i have a large tank so it can handle the ph swing from some kalk paste use against aptasia and such.

kien
02-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Tear, scrape or razor blade off as much as you can. Then use epoxy to smother what flesh remains on the rocks. Leave epoxy for a couple of weeks then peel epoxy off. Nice clean live rock :-). I've done this to control Xenia, GSP, aiptasia, etc.

sbcam
02-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Hey guys, sounds like a great idea with this paste. Can you give me some dirrection about this epoxy/paste stuff? Do they sell it at LFS or do I have to make it? Thanks in advance....

Finisher604
02-12-2012, 08:02 PM
I just picked some up from Ocean Aquatics yesterday it's 15$ good for frags and glueing stuff down.

JTang
02-13-2012, 12:22 AM
I never knew that xenia is a weed. I almost bought some for my 120 gal...

Lampshade
02-13-2012, 01:40 AM
I never knew that xenia is a weed. I almost bought some for my 120 gal...
Depends on the tank. Xenia in my tank just won't grow. I have other sofites that grow like weeds, and SPS/LPS that grow as well. Xenia just dies....

Blue Ram
02-13-2012, 04:14 PM
I also have to do a bunch of pruning. Is it safe to do inside the tank? I have a large piece of rock that my clam is attached to that is overrun with zenia and would prefer not to remove the rock/clam from the tank.