PDA

View Full Version : skimmer making a wopping sound all in a sudden

KevinK
02-11-2012, 09:48 PM
as it mention's, my skimmer started to make a wopping sound, like wop, wop, wop.

locking at it, I cant se any mayor defects, still foam in the neck and so,

so I was gust wondering,

- is it coused by a slight water flow proublem into the skimmer

ore

- is it coused by a slight air restriction into the skimmer

so bothe in the volture air/water mixing part, but what ?

it is a JNS shark5 in a 100 gal. tabel like set up, with a steady 10 inches of water in it

as big as the table is, as odd I placed the skimmer, and it is a bit of a pain to get to the skimmer pump, so before I go and do the hassle, might be worth to know where to lock at the pump, as I dont want to start taking it out, back in, out back in again.

input ?

hillegom
02-11-2012, 09:54 PM
I would take it out and run it in another container, like a tupperware, in fresh water, Then you would hear where exactly the noise is coming from.

KevinK
02-12-2012, 12:05 AM
when I do this, than I change the conditions, kind of, as than I have to get water from the tank into the tub,

there is than less turnover of mix water, as it is always the smae water (in the tank, it takes a while before the same water gets in the skimmer again, in a tub, it is kind of out of the skimmer and derectly back in)

and than, I end up with kind of the same now, the general noise of the skimmer + maybe a wop, wop.

I was hoping something in the tend of that somone knows if it is gust to much air for the amound of water getting into the pump (than I need to lock at the water intake,

ore it would be to much water for the amound of air (than I have to lock into the air hoses, and conection from hose to pump housing/intake

Borderjumper
02-12-2012, 12:36 AM
My bubble king makes the whoop whoop sound when the collection cup is full.. Which to means its an air restriction problem. Do you have snails in the tank?

cuz
02-12-2012, 12:54 AM
does sound like an air restriction tho,