Kelvin
02-07-2012, 05:30 AM
I'm looking for some strawberry short cake acro

tang daddy
02-07-2012, 06:18 AM
Isnt everybody?? :mrgreen:

dc4
02-07-2012, 06:19 AM
I have an ATL Strawberry Fields frag if you are looking for the green and red combo.

Reefie
02-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Isnt everybody?? :mrgreen:

+1 Let me know if you find anyone with some, and we'll race there to see who gets it first. Haha!

dc4
02-07-2012, 03:54 PM
+1 Let me know if you find anyone with some, and we'll race there to see who gets it first. Haha!

Im getting one in my next shipment but its not for sale, puhahaha! :razz:

Reefie
02-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Im getting one in my next shipment but its not for sale, puhahaha! :razz:

I just picked up MY Strawberry Shortcake and acclimating it as we speak.

So Neener Neener NEEEEENER!!!

Kelvin, sorry to sidetrack your thread. I picked mine up in the States FYI. 😊

Mandosh
02-08-2012, 06:53 AM
I just picked up MY Strawberry Shortcake and acclimating it as we speak.

So Neener Neener NEEEEENER!!!

Kelvin, sorry to sidetrack your thread. I picked mine up in the States FYI. ��

...illegal, but nice score.

I have one, but it isn't frag-able size yet.

Reefer Rob
02-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I don't have the cajones to smuggle in corals from the states. At $50,000 maximum fine it seems too risky for me. Stopped by Barrier Reef in Seattle on the way through last week just to look. It sure was torture to see all the beautiful SPS they have down there.

TimT
02-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Well the 50k potential fine is scary, that could happen after they seized your car and you went to court. Even if they gave the car back to you and didn't fine you they would still red flag you so that you get inspected every time. Kind of embarrassing when your on a family holiday and the car gets ripped apart because you just had to have that $50 coral. Last couple times I crossed the border they were pointedly asking if I had coral. To me it's not worth the risk smuggling corals, even the named ones from ORA. Those are also illegal. I personally know Vince from ORA and he has told me they can't get a CITES re-export permit as they don't have the original import permits. Any ORA corals in Canada are from an illegal source.

Reefer Rob
02-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Wow, they asked you if you had coral? Had you been to an aquarium shop, talked about corals in the line up, coral sniffing dogs?

I'll admit I only skimmed the CITES application for an importation permit before I lost interest, but it seems to me there was a provision for captive raised animals. You had to be able to name a few generations, etc.

TimT
02-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Lol, one time my son started talking about drugs while we were in the line up for the US. Talk about a stressful crossing.

Coral sniffing dogs... don't need dogs for the smell of a delayed shipment... you can smell the dead corals even before the boxes get opened.

Yes, I was kind of surprised. One time was when I was importing some fishes and the other time I was coming back from shopping at Costco in Bellingham. I can understand them asking when I had fish with me but the time when coming back from Costco was just groceries.

I can't understand why people would risk smuggling coral across. The record of getting caught will be with you for the rest of your life. The computer doesn't forget and every time you enter Canada and they scan your passport it will come up.

Reefie
02-08-2012, 08:35 PM
I declared it along with all my purchases to the CBS Agent, so technically I wasn't smuggling it. :wink:

I fully support all the Vendors on CanReef, and will continue to do so. I've only bought frags once in a while from the States.

I agree that it isn't worth the risk to knowingly smuggle things across the Borders. I simply declare the total value of goods purchased and what the purchases are, and I leave it in the hands of the CBS Agent to either tax me or confiscate the goods.

dc4
02-08-2012, 08:36 PM
:sorry: :focus:

tang daddy
02-08-2012, 08:39 PM
I declared it along with all my purchases to the CBS Agent, so technically I wasn't smuggling it. :wink:

I fully support all the Vendors on CanReef, and will continue to do so. I've only bought frags once in a while from the States.

I agree that it isn't worth the risk to knowingly smuggle things across the Borders. I simply declare the total value of goods purchased and what the purchases are, and I leave it in the hands of the CBS Agent to either tax me or confiscate the goods.

Sounds easy enough, who's next to go over the border with corals? Kelvin??:lol:

Reefie
02-08-2012, 09:33 PM
I also read somewhere online that you can also get a CITES permit for Personal Use. I tried looking on the CITES site, but couldn't find it.

I've found that as long as the stuff you buy isn't for re-sale and for personal use only that the CBS Agent is more lenient.

When I had my aftermarket performance shop, it was quite a bit more work.

I will warn those that choose to do as I did to prepare for the absolute worst. So as long as you know the risks involved and can live with it, then try it. If not, support your LFS!!!

Ok this is the last time, I'm going to hi-jack this thread. If there are going to be any further comments or questions, please start a new thread.

Kelvin, if you can wait, I am willing to frag you some Strawberry Shortcake once it starts growing out. :biggrin:

reefermadness
02-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Im getting one in my next shipment but its not for sale, puhahaha! :razz:your getting regular shipments of this stuff?