PDA

View Full Version : Which color to choose?

kuatto
02-27-2004, 11:36 PM
I'm trying to decide on if I should do my stand/canopy in black or stain it a natural color?(this setup is being sold once complete)I'd like to hear what most would choose if given a choice.

Jim

kris
02-28-2004, 12:40 AM
hmm why not stain it a black rather then paint it black.

but i like the look of dark walnut my self :cool:

Beverly
02-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Jim,

Depends on what kind of wood it is and what kind of wood is already in the room. Maybe ask your wife what she likes :agrue:

For my tanks, stands, lights, I always go for black, no matter what the rest of the wood in the room is.

kuatto
02-28-2004, 03:16 AM
I was leaning towards the black as well(never thought of black stain).The wood will be either red oak(on sale at Rona hardware)or birch.The tank will be for sale when completed.

kris
02-28-2004, 06:03 AM
yeah i like the look of black stain rather then paint. you can find it at home depo. I have seen it used on pine and it turnd out really really nice. just some thought. oh as well if you stain it the paint will not chip or flake off :D

StirCrazy
02-28-2004, 06:15 AM
ok first.. what is the color of the wood/furnishings in the room where you are going to keep the tank. in my opinion you should try to match what you already have.

Steve

kuatto
02-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Well Steve,my whole house is almond(I call it white :biggrin: )and all the woodwork is "desert oak" color.I guess what I was trying to ask is what was the most common/popular color for tank stands,because I didn't want to finish it in the wrong color since it is being put up for sale(44 corner hex tank).
The only problem is when it's all done,I'll probaly see how nice it turned out and want to keep it :mrgreen:

Jim

BCOrchidGuy
03-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Jim one thing to keep in mind is Black goes with almost everything, if not everything.

Doug

Namscam
03-02-2004, 06:38 PM
y not use Photoshop and take a pic of where ur gonna put it and superimpose a pic of the stand and tank in it ...just use the shop to change the colors around a bit...you wont get great results of how it will actully look but it ll give u an idea

Skimmerking
03-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Jim try what i did , I painted it a almond and then antique it with a darker color ask doug lowey about it he saw mine..

looked really good

MIke

kuatto
03-02-2004, 11:25 PM
So many decisions :confused:
The stand and canopy is almost complete(just the front door and paint or stain it )I think once done it will make a nice piece in any room when sold(yeah,it's being sold,want a 180 or bigger :biggrin: )I will post pics as soon as its done and ready for sale.

Jim