PDA

View Full Version : Help again - NastayNatron's Tank

lo_yyc
02-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I think I figured out what the problem has been with NastayNatron's tank - I think the skimmer cup may have overflowed and I didn't figure it out? The way I was emptying it was through the little hole on the bottom, but I don't think that emptied it properly because I've been doing it about every day and today it DEFINITELY overflowed because I can see the foamy stuff in the sump. I took the skimmer cup out to empty it properly and clean it, but is there a way to clean the stuff out of the sump that overflowed?

Thanks,

-Lauren

Cal_stir
02-05-2012, 08:31 PM
a water change would be best, but if you can't do that then use a net to remove chunky frothy stuff, keep the skimmer going as it will remove that stuff that came out of it, set the skimmer so the bubbles are half way up the collection cup and monitor the cup every couple hours, just bubbles should be going into the cup not water, the skimmer is very sensitive and the level will change when you feed(usually drop) or put your hand in the water, or do a water change or clean the cup, etc.

Cal_stir
02-05-2012, 08:32 PM
do you know how to set the skimmer?

lo_yyc
02-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Thanks so much! Will do!