PDA

View Full Version : AI Sol Owners

Blue Ram
02-05-2012, 02:45 AM
I'm installing my lights tomorrow. I have 3 sets for a 120 gal (48 x 24 x 24). I'm sliding them onto the 48" rails. What have you found to be the best coverage for this footprint - placing the units so you are looking at the long side or the short side? Livestock is pretty much placed all throughout the tank and not concentrated in one area.
If I were to run a moonlight period which of the blue lights (blue or royal) would be used or is it personal choice.
If I'm starting the lights at approx. 30% which is recommended, does that apply to white, blue and royal lights?
Sorry for so many questions but I'm only familiar with halides and T5 lights so I'm unsure which combination to use for daylight - could it be a combination of all three? What is the diffence between the blue and royal lights?

doch
02-05-2012, 02:57 PM
First of all, make sure to mount your lights fairly high. As per this table:
http://support.aquaillumination.com/entries/459049-tank-recommendations
You're kind of on the cusp... they're saying 2 modules IF you mount them 12" or more above the water line... or 4 modules if you mount them closer to the tank. If I were doing it, I'd mount them equally spaced so that you're looking at the short side.

For your moonlights, it's only preference. Try them with the royals, then try them with the blues and see which you like better. I use the royals.

30% applies to all the lights. Start low, ramp slowly.

Ryan
02-05-2012, 03:26 PM
We were looking into the AI SOL and if you bought the 70 degree optics for a 120 your going to have to put them front the back. They wont have te proper coverage side to side.

Blue Ram
02-05-2012, 03:46 PM
I purchased 3 units with the factory setting

Lens Information: The default configuration is 4x 40 dergee lenses in the center of the SOL for penetration and 4x 70 degree lenses on the four corners for coverage.