PDA

View Full Version : WTB: PVC Gate Valves

wmcinnes
02-04-2012, 02:39 AM
Everywhere I have looked has an abundance of ball valves/union ball valves but I am looking for 1" PVC gate valves! Has anyone seen any in their travels?

badfish!
02-04-2012, 03:32 AM
I got my used one (I think mine is 1 1/2") from marine aquaria, but I think some stores can order them in for you (I think aquarium illusions can order them, not too sure about the others) havent seen any in the hardware stores though.

Mike-fish
02-04-2012, 04:45 AM
Check with some plumbing stores not home depot or Rona

DiverDude
02-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Be very picky about quality on gate valves. Cheap ones are false economy. Buy arofessional grade valve from a plumbing supplier and it will last forever. But cheap and it will fail and cost you far more in the long run.

reef-keeper
02-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Bartel and Gibson on Fort Road might have it.

unclesalty
02-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Be very picky about quality on gate valves. Cheap ones are false economy. Buy arofessional grade valve from a plumbing supplier and it will last forever. But cheap and it will fail and cost you far more in the long run.

I agree 100%! I know SPEARS is a professional grade and I found out last week repair kits can also be purchased for them and repaired inline without removing.

globaldesigns
02-06-2012, 05:18 PM

Good advice Mark... I recently replaced my 1inch ball valves, as the handle on one broke right off. It was a pain, as I had to cut all the plumbing to redo, but bought high end ones with unions, and added additional unions in order to prevent future issues, and easy replacement if necessary.

Here in Calgary I use Western Pump, one of the best selections of everything one would need for an aquarium. And the prices were decent also.