PDA

View Full Version : Say it's not so!

sumpfinfishe
02-04-2012, 01:55 AM
I came home after work today to discover a wave of casualties in my reef:cry:

Found a half eaten cleaner shrimp, and two what was left of them- hermit crabs, not to mention i haven't seen my peppermint shrimp for a few days now. And no none of the above are molts, I pulled out two partially eaten crabs and a cleaner that looked like it just got back from dessert storm!

Checked all water parameters and not one was even close to being out.

So I'm wondering if I have a crab issue or I hate to say the M word- :twised:antis

The only other thing is I have a very small pistol shrimp, would the pistol be that aggressive to a cleaner and a peppermint:question:

Also no visible signs of damage to any of the fish.

badfish!
02-04-2012, 03:34 AM
That sucks.... I fed my fish a mussel on the half shell, and now its like open season on my snails and hermits, but the fish never touched them before. Maybe it was a fish whose tastes just changed?

Aquaria
02-04-2012, 09:09 AM
I came home after work today to discover a wave of casualties in my reef:cry:

Found a half eaten cleaner shrimp, and two what was left of them- hermit crabs, not to mention i haven't seen my peppermint shrimp for a few days now. And no none of the above are molts, I pulled out two partially eaten crabs and a cleaner that looked like it just got back from dessert storm!

Checked all water parameters and not one was even close to being out.

So I'm wondering if I have a crab issue or I hate to say the M word- :twised:antis

The only other thing is I have a very small pistol shrimp, would the pistol be that aggressive to a cleaner and a peppermint:question:

Also no visible signs of damage to any of the fish.
I was reading that pistols eat small ornimental shrimp and its why I haven't added any to my tank

kien
02-04-2012, 04:22 PM
I saw a documentary a few months back where a pistol shrimp stunned a cleaner shrimp with his pistol then proceeded to eat the cleaner :-(