PDA

View Full Version : Venturi air valve on Berlin skimmer

Willito
02-26-2004, 11:16 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a replacement air valve for the venturi on a Berlin Classis skimmer. I Lost it somewhere and tried using regular air hose valve but it just isn't the same. Thanks.

Willy

martym
02-27-2004, 02:37 AM
Can you make a Kent venturi work? I Used one on a Berlin XL

Willito
02-27-2004, 02:45 AM
I am not sure, but the Classic and XL are very similar. If it works for one, I don't see why it wouldn't for the other. I will have to give it a try. Where do I find the Kent venturi? Parts for these Berlins are hard to come by around here.

martym
02-27-2004, 03:01 AM
J&L usually has them. They are $30.00. It screws into the input at the 1/2npt connection It will probably work better than the berlin one that you had.

Delphinus
02-27-2004, 04:33 AM
Are you referring to the nylon screw that presses on the airline?

I'm sure you could find a replacement screw at Home Depot. Or Big Al's, or Pisces.

I don't use mine though. I use a dripline irrigation valve instead at the inlet of the airline. A good valve of this nature will allow for much more fine control that squeezing the airline. You can get this at Rona and HD, too. Another thing to consider is that the screw pressing in on the tube can eventually cut into your airline.

Willito
02-27-2004, 04:17 PM
hey thanks Tony. So that's a "dripline irragation valve", I will give that a try.