PDA

View Full Version : Need a fish recommendation

Acipenser
02-02-2012, 02:44 AM
Any thing that can go in my 26G bowfront with my "new" anal saddle back clownfish, I was told she killed her last mate of 6 months and she has my poor bi colored Blennie pinned in the corner of the tank - (I am trying to get him out).

And she is absolutely possessive of the GBTA she even chases the hermit crabs away from the LR around her new host.

Acipenser
02-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Any Body I am looking for something that swims about and can take a little bit of crap ! The saddle back is the only fish in here now and basically just hangs out in the anemone.
I was thinking about a dotty back ?

lpsreefer
02-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Damsels can handle there own.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-06-2012, 10:01 PM
If I can catch my two Sgt. Majors, they would be able to hold their own:wink:

Personally, I'd get rid of the saddleback.

ponokareefer
02-06-2012, 10:06 PM
6 line wrasse can hold their own. Most dottybacks can as well and are quite colorfull. If you don`t have shrimp, flame hawkfish are another choice.

blacknife
02-06-2012, 10:21 PM
My dotty and maroon dont fight any more i think they have a truce. Dotty will also be pretty aggressive to alot of future additions.

dc4
02-06-2012, 11:26 PM
That saddleback picked on my flame hawkfish, bicolor blenny, midas blenny, yellow tail damsel, neon gobies, snails, hermits, and killed the male saddleback.

The only fish she left alone were the tangs, mandarins, and the bangaii that was in the tank before it, she completely ignored it even though it always hovered right abouve her rbta.

Honestly, I would not recommend any new fish that are under 4" in size and being that you have a 26g, anything over 4" is probably too big. At first the yellow tail (gone) was the real pain in the a$$ but the saddleback was worse but a lot easier to catch as she thought it would be safe just staying in the anemone.

This lead to me giving her away and buying a pair of snowflakes which are both residing peacefully in the rbta which she once dominated.

Acipenser
02-07-2012, 01:53 AM
Yeah well the person you gave her to ... gave her to some one who ... sold her to me, she is pretty fun to watch when she play's in the GBTA. She is alone in the tank at the moment. I may just keep her alone and fill this tank full of corals. I am still thinking about Purple Stripe Dottyback.