PDA

View Full Version : Slim Skim Nano micro bubble problem

pat18
01-30-2012, 02:45 AM
Does anyone know why or how you could fix the problem that the skimmer releases a TON of micro bubbles whenever i feed, and doesn't stop until the next day where it is still releasing small amounts of micro bubbles. It has been running for almost a month, and no food gets into the motor so it is not getting clogged. Also it doesn't always skim, sometimes it just doesn't produce any foam, and just bubbles. Also the water depth is about in the middle of the grates so that it surface skims. Is there a way of stopping the micro bubbles?

Nano
01-30-2012, 02:46 AM
Does anyone know why or how you could fix the problem that the skimmer releases a TON of micro bubbles whenever i feed, and doesn't stop until the next day where it is still releasing small amounts of micro bubbles. It has been running for almost a month, and no food gets into the motor so it is not getting clogged. Also it doesn't always skim, sometimes it just doesn't produce any foam, and just bubbles. Also the water depth is about in the middle of the grates so that it surface skims. Is there a way of stopping the micro bubbles?

is it an in tank skimmer? or hob? or in sump? if its HOB, or in tank, maybe some filter floss might help?

pat18
01-30-2012, 03:08 AM
it is an in-tank, and where would i place the filter floss in the Hydor Slim Skim Nano? Also it is no longer producing foam, all the bubbles just pop, and there isn't even too many of them.

Acipenser
01-30-2012, 02:33 PM
I had that skimmer in my tank, but its now sitting on top of my freezer. I found that it skims like crazy but the collection cup is tiny so it needs to be emptied daily, it also takes up valuable real estate in the tank, it produces micro bubbles now and then but the worst thing is after a while the skimmer starts to become very noisy due to the way it's built the air pump just sits inside against the acrylic it vibrates the other pieces of acrylic that are slotted - I now have a Remora C a bit of over kill for my 26 gallon tank but it freed up space inside my tank and it's doesn't vibrate.

Eventually I am going to silicone the Hydor slim skim together , I did a quick fix on it with zap straps.

pat18
01-30-2012, 09:55 PM
so there isn't really a way of stopping this? also how much would the remora c be and where i could get it?

pat18
01-30-2012, 11:42 PM
and now it is not producing any skimmate at all, and smaller amounts of bubbles are coming out. So far i am really unsatisfied with the Hydor Slim Skim Nano, all it has done is give me headaches and pulled out a small amount of skimmate which is a very light green color.