PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to buy ?

Acipenser
01-29-2012, 04:29 PM
I am heading out to pick up some silver sides and wondering what else I need to buy ? My coral stock list is GBT anemone, frogspawn, colt, toad stool, finger leather. I am sure I should start putting things in my tank but I am unsure what I should buy - I don't want to be sold something I don't need.

These are in my 26 gallon along with a pair of clowns, Blue green chromis and a Bi colored blennie.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Planning to feed silversides to your GBTA? Not really necessary. A flat of PE or Hikari mysis would be better since all your fish will eat those as well.

Acipenser
01-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Planning to feed silversides to your GBTA? Not really necessary. A flat of PE or Hikari mysis would be better since all your fish will eat those as well.

I was but I have been feeding it mysis for the last week every couple of days, it takes the mysis quite happily. I do need to get a feeding tong . But am wondering if I need to supplement calcium etc .

Nano
01-29-2012, 04:42 PM
What do you have for lights? I hear a lot of people say not to feed them. And some say do. But not silver sides.

Acipenser
01-29-2012, 04:47 PM
What do you have for lights? I hear a lot of people say not to feed them. And some say do. But not silver sides.

I have a 4x24w T5 ho actinic lights on for 12 hours 10,000 k on for 4 hours Leds on at night - so far everybody is happy and minimal algae.

dc4
01-29-2012, 06:15 PM
I have stopped target feeding my anemones once they reached a decent size. Now all they get in food, is what they can catch when I feed my tank. Of course I tend on overfeeding but just rinse it your food in a little strainer before you feed. I feed a mix of small and large Mysis, blood worms, cyclopeeze, dry seaweed mix, coral frenzy, 2 other types of powder, snow, and some phyto for the filter feeders.

You would probably only need to feed mysis as everything you stock would be happy eating it. You could add some blood worms to mix things up as well. Again, be sure to rinse the food otherwise you were risking an algae breakout like I had with my smaller tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk