PDA

View Full Version : Online shoppers beware...

coppertop
01-26-2012, 10:40 PM
If you purchase from ReefConcept..based in Quebec. Prepare to fight your way to receive clearly listed shipping specials.

I purchased some led strips last night..discontinued models I may add. And this morning an annoying argument ensued. See convo below and buyer beware! If this is an indicator of customer service status quo for ReefConcept..Im not impressed.

My email to RC because shopping cart did not discount shipping...

Date Ordered: Wednesday 25 January, 2012

Lighting purchases are listed as 50% off shipping cost. Could you please make necessary adjustment on my order to reflect this. Thank you.

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x AquaBeam 500 DuoCombo - 1x Reef White & 1x Marine Blue () = $169.95
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $169.95
Canada Post (1 box(es) to be shipped) (Colis standard, 2012-02-03): $27.28
TPS: $9.86
Total: $207.09

First email from Reefconcept..

Subject: Re: Order Process
To: nic_greeley@yahoo.ca
Received: Wednesday, January 25, 2012, 9:11 PM

Hi Nicole,

Unfortunately, since the light that you bought is in special at half the price we can't offer 50% off the shipping cost
you can see on our website that the discount on the shipping is not valid on special item

but, sometime the website don't calculate the right amount for the shipping
so I will calculate the exact shipping and adjust your invoice in the case that the shipping is to high

is this ok with you?

thank you

Marie
Reef Concept

Le 2012-01-26 à 07:50, nic a écrit :

Hello Marie,

The discount on shipping is not being applied by your website on even regular priced items. I added 2 of the identical items to a cart, items not on sale..and shipping remains at $27.

See for yourself.
http://www.reefconcept.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2347

So the website did not increase my shipping charges because items were on sale and thus excluded from offer.

Your offer does not exclude sale lighting. It states ALL lighting..

"***All lighting system, only pay 50% of the shipping***"

Please let me know if you will honor this offer before you proceed any further.

Thank you

Nicole

To: nic_greeley@yahoo.ca
Received: Wednesday, January 25, 2012, 9:11 PM

Hi Nicole,

Unfortunately, since the light that you bought is in special at half the price we can't offer 50% off the shipping cost
you can see on our website that the discount on the shipping is not valid on special item

but, sometime the website don't calculate the right amount for the shipping
so I will calculate the exact shipping and adjust your invoice in the case that the shipping is to high

is this ok with you?

thank you

Marie
Reef Concept

rom: Marie-Hélène Noel <marie@reefconcept.com>
To: "nic greeley" <nic_greeley@yahoo.ca>
Received: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 8:59 AM

Hi

That's right, the website as a problem, and on light system we have to adjust the shipping ourself
so if you order the same fixture (or any other light) at the regular price we will honor the discount and pay 50% of the shipping

but this special is not applicable on item in special
if you like, I can calculate the shipping to be sure that it's the right amount, because like I told you sometime the website charge more

but we won't pay 50% off the shipping on something already half price

you can see on the website : **except aquarium, salt, livestock, sand, lighting system, chiller and special**

Do you want me to calculate the real cost of the shipping for you light?

Marie

Le 2012-01-26 à 09:11, nic greeley a écrit :

Hi Marie,

Your taking the "except Lighting" out of context. This applies to the "free shipping on orders over $200" ..where salt, lighting, chillers, etc, do not apply.

*Free shipping On dry good order over 200$ before taxs within Canada*

**except aquarium, salt, livestock, sand, lighting system, chiller and special**

***All lighting system, only pay 50% of the shipping***

Please calculate actual shipping charges.......

Nicole

-- On Thu, 1/26/12, Marie-Hélène Noel <marie@reefconcept.com> wrote:

To: "nic greeley" <nic_greeley@yahoo.ca>
Received: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 9:22 AM

we thought that it was clear that on item on specal you had no special on the shipping
we will rewrite it

but you already have the light for half the price we won't pay half the shipping cost
if you want to buy a light at full price, we will pay 50% off the shipping (we will adjust the shipping manually)

tell me if you want me to cancel your order or if you want us to proceed

thank you

Marie

Le 2012-01-26 à 09:38, nic greeley a écrit :

Proceed with calculating actual shipping please.

thanks,

Nicole

Hi Nicole,

like I thought the shipping was to high
you would have to pay only 16.34$

if it's ok with you we will ship your order today

thank you

Marie
Reef Concept

ALang
01-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Wow. What a mess. Just like talking to a brick wall.
Even if the website is incorrect, they should still honor the offer, shouldn't they?
I'd be very cautious with returns, exchanges, customer service after your purchase if you still decide to deal with them.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Kevotron
01-26-2012, 11:00 PM
some of the replies sounds like it was copy & paste from a template lol

coppertop
01-26-2012, 11:15 PM
some of the replies sounds like it was copy & paste from a template lol

I copied them from my email as best I could and tried to leave out my last name..I guess it doesnt matter anyhow.

If you want me to forward this mess to you I can..pm me an email.

It was absolutely ridiculous dealing with this woman at ReefConcept...I wouldve told her where to go..but I really wanted to try these aquabeams for that price.

Seamazter
01-26-2012, 11:45 PM
Im on the retailers side of this one.

MarkoD
01-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Lol this 10 times worse is what you get when dealing with SWC

jorjef
01-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Im on the retailers side of this one.

+1

Zoaelite
01-27-2012, 12:04 AM
In her very first email she politely informs you she can recalculate the shipping cost. That recalculated cost was $16.34, 50% off your initial shipping cost would put you at $13.64.

If you don't want to pay $2.70 out of principle reject the offer. You clearly thought you were getting a good deal though. IMO you have no warrant to drag this company through the mud.

It was absolutely ridiculous dealing with this woman at ReefConcept...I wouldve told her where to go..but I really wanted to try these aquabeams for that price.

Private messages are just that by the way, private.

Nano
01-27-2012, 12:09 AM
In her very first email she politely informs you she can recalculate the shipping cost. That recalculated cost was $16.34, 50% off your initial shipping cost would put you at $13.64.

If you don't want to pay $2.70 out of principle reject the offer. You clearly thought you were getting a good deal though. IMO you have no warrant to drag this company through the mud.

Private messages are just that by the way, private.

+1 and if I remember correctly there is a rule here about these types of posts.

sphelps
01-27-2012, 12:15 AM
First off consider when you order from places like Quebec you may very well be dealing with a language barrier so don't expect exception 2 way communication. Second in terms of customer service what did you expect, she seemed completely 100% polite and judging by the dates and times posted with the emails extremely quick at replying, many places take 24 hours.

I might not be understanding correctly but if this complaint actually comes down to less than $3 extra for shipping then I just don't get it. I'm thinking some of us shouldn't order stuff online....

coppertop
01-27-2012, 12:26 AM
I did say the price on items was good..and I wouldve been comfortable paying FULL shipping charges...but if a company advertises HALF OFF SHIPPING ON ALL LIGHTING...I EXPECT THEM TO HONOR IT ON A LIGHTING PURCHASE...within reason of course.

The end shipping charge of $16 was reasonable...BUT it took 4 emails for me to get it. These emails were polite..on both sides I think...but this is not what I consider GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I am posting a buyer beware. I am not slandering. What occured is fact.

If you think this is good service...shop til you drop.

sphelps
01-27-2012, 12:30 AM
If you just replied "yes" to the first email it would have ended there. It certainly didn't need to take 4 emails.

coppertop
01-27-2012, 12:33 AM
MODS..pls lock this down. Ive had enough internet arguing for one day

sphelps
01-27-2012, 12:35 AM
lol, fairly obvious now who's hard to deal with.

coppertop
01-27-2012, 12:37 AM
lol, fairly obvious now who's hard to deal with.

I hope your kidding

Nano
01-27-2012, 12:38 AM
Careful man. Don't get off to a bad start here. Just take it easy everyone. Yeah they screwed up on the shipping. I get it. But the others are right, copy and pasting emails and these kinds of threads, are not looked upon kindly here. take it from me.