PDA

View Full Version : our reef macro video :)

Raf
01-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Just thought I would share a little video Diana and I made of some of the inhabitants in our reef.

http://youtu.be/eAgr622E8gw?hd=1

:)

sumpfinfishe
01-23-2012, 04:21 PM
I tried the link but it didnt work for me?
Hey didnt i meet you guys when i tore down
my last tank about 4yrs ago?

Diana
01-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAgr622E8gw&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

sumpfinfishe
01-23-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm not able to view via mobile anroid, guess i will have to wait until AFTER work lol
So you guys still reefing eh, pretty sure you guys came out to my pad in srry when i took
down my setup in 06.

Diana
01-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Hey Rich, can't put a face to a name but it sounds really familiar... Your still reefing? :)

sumpfinfishe
01-24-2012, 03:16 AM
Wow simply amazing video footage!!!:shocked!:
Worth the wait to watch it at home, I don't know why I couldn't view it on my phone tho-I think it was a permission setting or something like that.

Yeah Diana I'm pretty sure it was you an Raf that came over to my
apartment in surrey when I was taking down my 33gl. You might remember if I reminded you that I was not just keeping but growing an fragging lps
and sps strictly t8's:mrgreen:, I kept an eye out in your video but I didn't spot any of my old corals:wink:

You guys were a really nice couple from what I remember, great to see you stuck with it and it's nice to see you still on canreef.

That video was wonderful, was it a lot of awkward shooting and how or what did you use to edit the clips-very well done:biggrin:
So are you guy's doing aquarium services as a full time thing?
What camera did you use to film that footage?
So you guy's have tanks featured on Telus tv, how did you dream that one up!!!

Raf
01-25-2012, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the compliments.

We used iMovie ion my Mac to edit the video, it works well and is EASY to use. The camera we used was our Nikon D7000 dslr with a macro Nikkor lens 60mm F2.8 Video was shot in 1080i but You Tube prolly scaled it down to 720p?

Yes, we are both full time in our aquarium services company with staff. Its really amazing we we still have tanks of our own given so little time we have for them. nonetheless, the macros in this video are from our 90 gal reef tank. It does well with very little maintenance and upkeep.

The Telus Optic tank is a tank we designed, set up and maintain for one of our clients. Telus approached us regarding an aquarium with lots of color for their VOD channel, this one seemed to fit the bill.

:)