PDA

View Full Version : Regal Tang death

sully08
01-23-2012, 03:06 PM
I had a real nice regal that was doing excellent in my 220g for about 5 months. Loved to eat raw shrimp, mysis, nori, he wasn't fussy at all. About 2 weeks ago I noticed some white spots (not sure if it was ick) 4 or 5 in total on his body, nothing on his fins. The white spots would fade away but you could still notice some tiny bumps under his skin. During all this I was feeding lots of nori, raw shrimp with garlic and crushed fresh garlic. He ate like crazy. Last night I fed him and he ate like a pig and when finished he became very lathargic, hideing in the rocks, laying on his side and heavy breathing. Around his stomach area both sides of his body became quite pale. Because it happened so quick after feeding I figured that I had poisened him in some way, all other fish are fine. He was so bad that I scooped him out with my hand and put him in my sump where I could monitor him better. By morning he was dead. There were no signs of ick on him, all I noticed when I examined him was the paleness around his stomach area. It was kind of weird that it happened so soon after feeding, its like the feeding triggered something. Any ideas ?????????? All other fish seem fine, all water parameters are in range.:cry:

Aquattro
01-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Not sure, can fish choke?? Sure sounds related to the eating though...