PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running the Hydor controller?

reefgirl189
01-23-2012, 02:00 AM
The smart wave pump controller by Hydor? What are your thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmpZt65gjW8

WindowMaker
01-23-2012, 02:59 AM
Seems nice and simple, not much to it really...

Cal_stir
01-23-2012, 09:54 PM
i don't know about the controller but i am very happy with my hydor koralia evolution 1400 powerheads i'm running with my reefkeeper wavemaker

globaldesigns
01-23-2012, 10:45 PM
I have never used that one, but besides the Vortech's I use, I also have a 2 head Hydor/Koralia wave maker. This is the version that uses specific pumps with it.

I tried using standard Hydor pumps with other wave makers, and found that the pumps always clanked when going up and down. Not sure about this model made for it, but one thing to check out. Problem was that the powerheads were not made for speeding up or down. I think.

If this model works, give it a try. Personally between the Vortech's or the Hydor, I prefer the Vortechs. More money, but nothing else in my opinion can create the currents or undertows like these.

reefgirl189
01-23-2012, 10:54 PM
I read that knocking when stratup is common in the older koralias but the new evolutions and magnums have eliminated the problem.

I'd love vortech, really I would, but I don't have the necessary clearance for the dry side, unless I want to put the dry side on my viewing pane (which I don't). The tunzes look great too but the koralia's warranty is twice that of the tunzes and that's kind of a big deal for me. Not to mention the price difference.

This hydor controller looks cool for the price tag, just wondering is anyone had an opinion on it :)

globaldesigns
01-23-2012, 10:55 PM
I read that knocking when stratup is common in the older koralias but the new evolutions and magnums have eliminated the problem.

I'd love vortech, really I would, but I don't have the necessary clearance for the dry side, unless I want to put the dry side on my viewing pane (which I don't). The tunzes look great too but the koralia's warranty is twice that of the tunzes and that's kind of a big deal for me. Not to mention the price difference.

This hydor controller looks cool for the price tag, just wondering is anyone had an opinion on it :)

If the clank is gone, go for it. Koralia is proven for endurance and quality.