PDA

View Full Version : Meeting?

Nemain
02-24-2004, 07:21 PM
I have yet to meet most of you, and was wondering if there was anything in the works for another meeting? I managed to miss the last one by a hair. I would be more than happy to help plan if anyone else is interested.

If there isnt anything in the works.. when would be good for you all?

Thank You,

Beth

Edit : March 19/20th, April 2/3, and April 16/17th are good for me.

Quinn
02-24-2004, 07:25 PM
March 20, April 3 work for me unless something weird happens with work... those are both Saturdays.

Van down by the river
02-24-2004, 08:37 PM
March 20th I'm working in the day but avail for evenings. April 3rd works for me day or night. Who's gonna host?

Nemain
02-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Depending on the number of people available, I *may* have the room for it, the only problem is that I live in the Park. On the upside, I LOVE to cook =)

Pisces
02-24-2004, 09:21 PM
I have never been to a meeting....would be interesting to see someone else's tank. :biggrin:

March 20th would work for me!

Pisces

Quinn
02-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Evenings tend to work best for most I think. Beth, generally space doesn't become too much of a problem, a living room and a kitchen tend to be enough unless we have Vancouver-level turnout, in which case we may need to rent the Colliseum.

Beverly
02-24-2004, 10:10 PM
April 3 is good for us. It'll be my birthday a few days later, so you all can bring presents for me :mrgreen:

Quinn
02-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Bev I'll bring you some of those mini-brittles.

FlyGuy
02-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Sorry I am new to this website in addition to being new to reefing. Hate to invite myself anywhere, but my wife and I would be interested in joining any meeting/clubs in regards to salt water aquariums.

Don't know if this is the intent of your messages and what the meetings are about. But we would like to meet people and learn more about marine reefs.

Please visit our website at www.crookshideaway.com and see our progress on our very first saltwater aquarium.

Cheers.....

Quinn
02-24-2004, 11:51 PM
Generally these get-togethers are open to all comers, I am sure you would be very welcome. Newbies bring the beer!

And welcome to Canreef. You are in good hands shopping at Aquarium Illusions.

Beverly
02-25-2004, 02:14 AM
Bev I'll bring you some of those mini-brittles.

Thanks, Quinn :smile: I'll put them in my 42g where the wrasse won't get them.

kuatto
02-25-2004, 02:42 AM
Beth
I hosted the last meet and it turned out pretty good(over a dozen people showed),good conversations,a few trades,snacks ,drinks,pretty much a good time :biggrin:
I'll go with the majority for what date is best,I'm flexible.Maybe see what kind of frags people could bring to trade.

Jim

littleboyblue16
02-25-2004, 04:28 AM
i wouldnt mind comming too :P

Nemain
02-25-2004, 02:21 PM
I have no problem hosting, everyone is welcome. I DO have a cat that spawned straight out of hell, if you have allergies I will endevour to keep him occupied elsewhere.

If you have any special requests for snacks etc, let me know - as I said, I love to cook.

Looks like Either March 20th or April 3rd. Could either Bev or pisces find any way to switch to one of those dates? (Don't worry Bev, we can make sure everyone brings you a present regardless of the day. :biggrin: )

What time works best for everyone?

Beth

Beverly
02-25-2004, 02:30 PM
Beth,

We can come on Apr 3. How about 7-ish?

I was only kidding about the presents. Don't need any frags, or anything else really, except for unusual mushrooms or ricordia (that are not brown or red :smile: )

kuatto
02-25-2004, 02:37 PM
:biggrin: seen Bev's tanks lastnight,ain't much room left for frags(don't worry Bev,Ill still bring you some nice mushrooms :razz: )

ps: I want some of that xenia :mrgreen:

Jim

Nemain
02-25-2004, 03:06 PM
April 3d @ 7ish sounds fantastic.

I will endevour to get a *decent* map drawn up for you all.

PM me if you are coming so I can figure out how much food to make =) and I can give you my addy and a link to the map =)

Beth

mr_alberta
02-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Ooh a meeting eh? I'll see if maybe my girlfriend and I can swing by. So the date is April 3 for sure?

Nemain
02-25-2004, 04:05 PM
Yes, April the 3 @ 7.00 pm. Until someone changes my mind :P

Pisces
02-25-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be out of town that day for my nieces 3rd birthday.
Oh well, I'll catch the next one!

tkhawaja
02-25-2004, 08:05 PM
April 3 works for me as well. Probably by then I'll be ready to buy a few more frags from people. Whoever is organizing can do a reminder message a week before so people can list what they might have for sale/trade in the frags area!

bulletsworld
02-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Hey April 3rd works for me! Yeah keep me posted as to frags people are willing to sell. I would be interested. thanks

ABreefkpr
02-28-2004, 05:05 AM
Beth,

We can come on Apr 3. How about 7-ish?

I was only kidding about the presents. Don't need any frags, or anything else really, except for unusual mushrooms or ricordia (that are not brown or red :smile: )

How about orange?

Beverly
02-28-2004, 01:14 PM
How about orange?

Everything seems to turn brownish under the PC lighting in the 72g, even the nice greenish and bluish mushrooms :confused: I think the lights are too bright for mushrooms :frown:

mr_alberta
02-28-2004, 02:21 PM
Hey,

If you are interested in bringing mushroom frags, I'd gladly take some off your hands. :biggrin:

kuatto
02-28-2004, 05:49 PM
Beth
put me and my wife down for the 3rd of April.I will try to bring mushrooms,ricordia,green zoos to trade(just finished fragging a few things to have them ready on frag rock in time for the meet)

I'll be looking for something with color,something I can make as a centre piece :biggrin:

Jim

Trevor Robertson
03-03-2004, 08:13 PM
Count me in, I will be there and if you like to cook I love to eat :lol:

I will send you a PM.

Quinn
03-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Got M. digitata frags if anyone wants 'em... :rolleyes: But green as well as the two types of brown this time!

Bob I
03-06-2004, 06:13 PM
How about orange?

Everything seems to turn brownish under the PC lighting in the 72g, even the nice greenish and bluish mushrooms :confused: I think the lights are too bright for mushrooms :frown:

Beverly, I very much doubt the light thing for mushrooms. I have seen purple and also reds just explode with growth under MH lighting. :frown:

Bob I
03-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Well folks Beth just left here, and now I want to come to the meeting. I have to go to make sure Quinn's loyalties remain true. :silly: I might even be able to travel with Quinn :question: I could certainly bring some of those green zoos I was selling earlier., and also some green button polyps. I would also like to get some Ricordia. I also have a spare Todstool Leather, and some bits of Brown digitata that gets purple tips under the right light. :grab:

Italia
03-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Hi all, now that we devolped the basement I have enough room to host the meet and show you all my in wall tank. I also could swap some sps frags. So let me know. By the way I changed my handle I was onece known has oiler1.

kuatto
03-06-2004, 07:21 PM
Bob
I can frag the ricordia for you if you want a peice.The original one that I got from Keith has been fragged more times then I care to remember :biggrin: I'll be bringing some good old mushrooms,and a few peices of ricordia to the meet as well as a few small frags of green zoos(from you colony).

Would like to get some differant zoos,fogspawn,hammer,xenia,leathers,or just something other than shrooms for my tank if anyone is fragging.

Jim

tkhawaja
03-06-2004, 07:49 PM
hello ceaser,

well Nemain aka Beth is already hosting the April meeting at her place. I wouldn't mind at all if you hosted another meeting for the first week of may.

tkhawaja
03-06-2004, 08:00 PM
I call SHOTGUN and/or DIBS on every colourful frag anyone brings to any meeting forever. First right of refusal belongs to me forever and forever. . ...

You may all now bribe me to get my first draft picks! :lol:

Beverly
03-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Holy cr*p :eek: boB's coming??!??!!

All joking aside, would love to meet you, boB. Glad you're making the trip all the way up here to come to our humble meeting :cool:

Don't know what kind of salt prices there are where you are, but there is a lfs in Sherwood Park where Beth lives that sells IO 200g buckets for $69.99. I imagine they close at 5:30 or 6:00 on Saturdays, though.

sleeman
03-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Not sure if I am going to be able to make it to the meet. I have a refugium full of Chatemophora (Spagetti Algea) and will give a bunch of it to Kuatto to bring if I can't make it.

Cheers,

Al

Quinn
03-06-2004, 09:49 PM
Bob just PM me and let me know if you're coming up.

Ty if you want a piece of green M. digitata let me know, freebie for frequent flyers. :cool: But I overrule your dibs call and place a tax on all blue or turqoise SPS. Just in case Caesar has something really amazing.

Beverly
03-06-2004, 09:53 PM
You guys are have the gall to be talking dibs on page three :evil: Birthday girl (that's me for the short of memory) from page one gets dibs over everybody :cool: :mrgreen:

sleeman
03-06-2004, 10:03 PM
I'm starting to see this turn into an auction instead of a frag trade.
Bob, maybe you can get more than 600 bucks for a bunch of zoo's!!!!
Up next is tevee's "brown sticks" do I hear ......

Cheers,

Al

Bob I
03-06-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm starting to see this turn into an auction instead of a frag trade.
Bob, maybe you can get more than 600 bucks for a bunch of zoo's!!!!
Up next is tevee's "brown sticks" do I hear ......

Cheers,

Al

I am certainly not in it for the money, and my 20H can't hold much more. :sad: I think I can get some income out of the $200.00 worth of zoos I bought from Can. Reef. I will keep these under MH light to multiply them quicker. I expect to sell some offspring in the Fall. I just want some Ricordia now. I think I can supply some Brown Sticks too, but i don't want to compete with my ride. :eek:

Beverly
03-06-2004, 10:45 PM
boB,

I would be interested in some of the green zoos you mentioned earlier. They would go in my 42g hex with the MH.

Bob I
03-06-2004, 10:48 PM
boB,

I would be interested in some of the green zoos you mentioned earlier. They would go in my 42g hex with the MH.

They do very well under any light. However, I don't want to bring anything that would compete with Jim :rolleyes:

Beverly
03-06-2004, 10:54 PM
Oops, it was Jim who offered the green zoos. Sorry, boB and Jim :eek:

Well, whoever has some green zoos, I would like to get some from you :smile:

Bob I
03-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Oops, it was Jim who offered the green zoos. Sorry, boB and Jim :eek:

Well, whoever has some green zoos, I would like to get some from you :smile:

Althought they originally came from me, Jim has first rights, as he lives up there. I have a number of really gorgeous zoos that are of the single polyp type. I am not brave enough to frag them. I have just fragged the stolonising type with great success. I promise to try the single polyp type as soon as Jack sends me the frag plugs. I may, or may not have some ready for the meeting. :rolleyes: BTW I have pictures in the gallery.

sleeman
03-06-2004, 11:51 PM
Do people want frag plugs? If so, I have half a bag of concrete and a bunch of oyster shell. I can start making some and get them curing.

Al

Bob I
03-07-2004, 12:26 AM
Do people want frag plugs? If so, I have half a bag of concrete and a bunch of oyster shell. I can start making some and get them curing.

Al

For me it is of prime importance to get some frag plugs. I have ordered three dozen from Jack. I never have enough rubble to mount the stuff I want to mount. :sad:

sleeman
03-07-2004, 12:46 AM
OK Bob, I will try to make up a bunch of plugs for you. I brought about 4 dozen plugs and about 80 lbs of home made rock to the last meet.

Cheers,

AL

Bob I
03-07-2004, 01:17 AM
OK Bob, I will try to make up a bunch of plugs for you. I brought about 4 dozen plugs and about 80 lbs of home made rock to the last meet.

Cheers,

AL

Excellent. all the more reason for my attendance. :mrgreen: , and I also need to escape the Acropora freaks. :biggrin:

kuatto
03-07-2004, 02:27 AM
Bob
I would only be able to bring 3 or 4 small(3-9 polyps)frags of the green zoos,so feel free to bring your zoos.I got your ricordia if you still want one,should be rooted on a plug soon and gowing nice by the meeting comes around.How big is that "spare"toadstool you have? :biggrin:

Jim

Quinn
03-07-2004, 03:10 AM
Al if you can make nice flat ones that would be very good. The ones I got from you last time are still sitting in a bucket of FW in a corner... they just aren't quite the size I'd like... better if they're perhaps 1/3" thick and the diameter of a toonie. :smile:

Bob I
03-07-2004, 03:16 AM
Bob
I would only be able to bring 3 or 4 small(3-9 polyps)frags of the green zoos,so feel free to bring your zoos.I got your ricordia if you still want one,should be rooted on a plug soon and gowing nice by the meeting comes around.How big is that "spare"toadstool you have? :biggrin:

JimThe spare toadstool is the one that really looks like a toadstool. With the tentacles coming off the central disc. It is not as yet giant. It is about two inches across when all the tentacles are out. Yes I would sure like the Ricordia. :mrgreen:

Bob I
03-07-2004, 03:19 AM
Bob

JimThe spare toadstool is the one that really looks like a toadstool. With the tentacles coming off the central disc. It is not as yet giant. It is about two inches across when all the tentacles are out. Yes I would sure like the Ricordia. :mrgreen:
My frags would have at least 20 polyps.
:rolleyes:

sleeman
03-07-2004, 03:21 AM
Quinn,
I was going to do egg carton style plugs, but can make those instead. They won't all be symetrical as I am by no means an artist.

Al

Bob I
03-07-2004, 03:26 AM
What started as just a whim is now beginning to excite me. I have not had a day off in 2.5 years, and as I am approaching retirement, I am thinking of taking an extra day off. :rolleyes:

EmilyB
03-07-2004, 03:57 AM
:eek:

kuatto
03-07-2004, 04:07 AM
The ricordia is yours(don't worry Bev,I got one for you too if you want :razz: )If you have better sized frags of the zoos then maybe you should bring yours and I'll let mine grow some more for the next meet,because they are small frags.I'd love to get some differant colors if you have some.

Bev
The teal green mushroom I fragged for you seems to have disappeared amongst the rock,hopefully I'll find it before the meet,its bound to pop-up.

Jim

sleeman
03-07-2004, 04:13 AM
Jim,
Looks like my anemone ate the ricordia frag, if you have a spare save it for me. If not I can wait.

Al

Quinn
03-07-2004, 04:18 AM
Got a 1" piece of green Montipora capricornus. Should be 50% larger by April. Make me an offer.

mr_alberta
03-07-2004, 04:25 AM
Awww, you guys are making me feel bad. I have no frags to bring :sad:

I might, however bring my buddy who has just started the hobby. I'll let you guys "have at him." :lol:

kuatto
03-07-2004, 04:29 AM
Al
those things don't grow on trees ya know! they grow on rocks :razz: :mrgreen: You might have to wait for a bit untill the poor ricordia recovers before I can frag again,should be too long.

Jim

kuatto
03-07-2004, 04:43 AM
Does anyone have any yellow sun polyps they can frag in time for the meet?
Quinn,bring whatever you have(the green sounds nice).I really need some color for my tank,like blue,red,etc.I have a bit more live rock since the last meet but nothing to put on it :frown:

Almost foregot,also looking for some brittle stars.

Jim

Trevor Robertson
03-08-2004, 02:13 PM
I would love to get some Zoo's and some Zena if any one still has after all the dibbin' that was going on.

Well looks like we have a number of people that are comming out this time.

Can't wait!

Nemain
03-08-2004, 03:36 PM
My head is swiming! Ok I made a prelim list of people that are interested, hopefully this will help me keep some assemblance of the tally :P

~ Quinn
~ Van
~ Beverly the Birthday Girl & Beau
~ Fly Guy & Belle
~ Jim & Belle
~ Matt
~ Harvey & Cindey
~ Kegan & Sandy
~ Tahir (& Belle?)
~ Bulletsworld
~ Trevor Belleless (:P)
~ Bob
~ Italia
~ Mario & Darlene

If you aren't listed, let me know =) If you are, and your parents didnt name you by your handle, let me know! If I listed you and you are not able to make it, figure out what to tell whomever you have plans with, and we will see you there =)

Beth

Bob I
03-08-2004, 04:09 PM
There are only four weeks left until the highly anticipated event. The last time Vancouver had a meeting they managed thirteen pages on their forum in planning. Does it seem fair to allow them to keep the record intact. :question: :eek: :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Trevor Robertson
03-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Well I don't know about this Belle person but they seem to be coming with everyone (just not me, as noted)

Bob I
03-08-2004, 04:32 PM
I think Belle is the feminine version of Beau. :rolleyes:

Trevor Robertson
03-08-2004, 04:36 PM
ya I kinda figured that out, but that was suposed to be my funny way of saying that I will not be bringing a date (or my wife :eek: ) to this event.

PS I want zoo's

mr_alberta
03-08-2004, 04:42 PM
Hey,

Sorry, I should introduce myself.

My name is Harvey, my Belle's name is Cindy, freshblood will be Kegan and he is bringing his Belle, Sandy.

Since I have no frags to bring, I could bring some refreshments like Pepsi or something. Let me know.

Hey Nemain, were you at AI yesterday at about 4pm fiddling with your PM skimmer?

Bob I
03-08-2004, 04:43 PM
This is my way of working on breaking the 13 pages of posts the Vancouver group made for their last meeting.

Trevor do you want the green zoos I have been selling :question: I have to know what to bring as I don't want to bring anything back home. :rolleyes:

Trevor Robertson
03-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Hey Bob;

SURE I will take them, and I will gladly work as the grounds keeper, anyone that has brought frags that no one else wants I will take as my tank is very empty with 1 mushroom and a good sized frag (from Bev) of green star ployops. (although I must say that I have just added a Zebra Moray!)

Well See you around (on our way to 13 pages)

Quinn
03-08-2004, 04:58 PM
A moray shouldn't touch your corals.

Pepsi sucks, bring beer. :razz:

Like Bob, I need to know exactly what people want. I can't bring anything back home with me.

mr_alberta
03-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Hmm, I can bring a nice little rock of Pink polyps. They look kinda like the green ones, but pink. They're just not jiving in my tank so I think I'll get rid of them.

Can I get some macro algae from someone? I need to add some filler in my tank. Also, Bob, which green zoas are you bringing? I wouldn't mind adding some to my collection if you have enough.

Anyone else have some rics or shrooms they wanna get rid of for cash?

Trevor Robertson
03-08-2004, 05:00 PM
ohh I don't have anything pink in my tanks, well that sounds great.

I hope that there is enough of this stuff to go around

Quinn
03-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Lots of Caulerpa sp. here if anyone wants any... :rolleyes:

mr_alberta
03-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Cool, I'll bring that rock for you Trevor.

Sorry Quinn, I was looking for macros other than Caulerpa sp. Something red perhaps?

Nemain
03-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Pepsi would be great, I will certaily not be opposed to anyone bringing anything.

BYOB, I have some stuff, but I can in no way promise that my tastes will suit yours =)

Beth

Trevor Robertson
03-08-2004, 05:13 PM
I am in the same shape as well as I will no be able to bring anything but I will stop by and pick up some pop and chips, if you would like. (I am a coke guy though)

Quinn
03-08-2004, 05:21 PM
Harvey I believe Bev has red macroalgae, however I think it defeats the purpose of macroalgae as a nutrient export mechanism, as it seems to be a slow grower. The beauty of Caulerpa sp. is that it grows like... well, something that grows really fast. On that note, there are arguments that nutrient export processes currently employed by aquarists are completely useless in the grand scheme of things (skimmers, macroalgae, etc.). At least the red stuff is more exotic than the green.

mr_alberta
03-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Hi Quinn,

I'm actually just looking for some macro for decorative purposes more than for nutrient export purposes. I saw that Bev has some nice red macro. I wonder if her crabs/snails eat it...

So, what are the planned activities for the evening? Oh, I can bring some Chinese Pastries like egg tarts, pinapple buns, etc instead of drinks. I just need to know if anyone has allergies...

Trevor Robertson
03-08-2004, 05:35 PM
hey New guy,

Well I have seen the red stuff being spoken of and it does look great!!

Beverly
03-08-2004, 06:11 PM
I'm actually just looking for some macro for decorative purposes more than for nutrient export purposes. I saw that Bev has some nice red macro. I wonder if her crabs/snails eat it...

Don't have crabs, at least any that I can see, and my snails don't eat the red MA. The angelfish in my 72g (now in QT for awhile) eats ANYTHING except mushrooms. Don't know how much red MA I will have by meeting time. Will not harvest any until the meeting. It grows from a rock, so any cuttings I may bring will have to be secured between rocks or just tight enough (but not too tight) with an elastic to a small rock. It's beautiful stuff. I have heard tangs will eat it too.

I also have some brown big-leafed MA that is also growing from the same rock in my 42g that the red stuff grows from. Will bring some of that if anyone is interested. It will need the same treatment as the red MA.

I'm not much of a seller of stuff, so the MA is free. Would appreciate one or two types of freebie zoos anyone has to offer. Anything but brown :smile:

mr_alberta
03-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Hey Beverly,

Some Macro from you would be great. I can try to frag off some yellow zoas for you (like the ones in my avatar). I've never fragged zoas before, so if someone knows how, give me a shout.

kuatto
03-08-2004, 07:32 PM
I've actually got both types that Bev is talking about from her and they are slow growing(yellow tang keeps trimming it down :biggrin: )but looks great for color.

Quinn
Refresh my memory,what does caulerpa look like?I might take some.

Jim

Bob I
03-09-2004, 01:13 AM
Hey Beverly,

Some Macro from you would be great. I can try to frag off some yellow zoas for you (like the ones in my avatar). I've never fragged zoas before, so if someone knows how, give me a shout.

Zoos are not hard to frag. If your type is massive (grows in a mat), Just stick your Swiss Army Knife under a corner and lift the mat. Then attach to a rock using an elastc, or Superglue Gel. If it is a stolonising type, you can do the same only in a smaller scale. If it is single polyps, I have never tried those, but will be doing some this week. I'll let you know how that goes. :mrgreen:

Quinn
03-09-2004, 04:34 AM
You know, there's no reason we couldn't visit Caesar's house first, then Beth's, or vice-versa, if they are willing to let us do that. A mini tank-crawl of sorts.

Jim, there are some photos of Caulerpa spp. at http://www.wetwebmedia.com/caulerpaalg.htm. Mine is C. racemosa.

Bob, when you come up I have some zoanthids you can help me frag. Red with green centres. You're welcome to some if you like and don't have them already. I'd like to get them into someone else's tank so there are two colonies, then assuming Calgary doesn't have them, I can get them to the zoo people down there.

Nemain
03-09-2004, 02:48 PM
oooOOOoooo a tank crawl! I definately think that is a posibility. My tank isnt much to gawk at, but I am sure there are others out there that want to let us drool =)

Beth

Bob I
03-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Bob, when you come up I have some zoanthids you can help me frag. Red with green centres. You're welcome to some if you like and don't have them already. I'd like to get them into someone else's tank so there are two colonies, then assuming Calgary doesn't have them, I can get them to the zoo people down there.

Sure we can do that. Do you have the Superglue gel, and something to glue them onto :question: Could you also tell me which type they are, as in easy (matforming), more difficult (stolonising), or as yet untried (single polyp) :question: :eek:

Bob I
03-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Well I have just made a couple of frags of the single polyp type. Each has about six or eight polyps. One of them is #3 in the "some of my zoanthids" post in the "pictures" forum. I will search for a picture of the other one, and if I find it I will post it too. I have run out of glue, so when I get some more, I will probably make more frags. All depending on how well these took to the procedure. :eek: :mrgreen:

http://members.shaw.ca/rcipema/zoo_06.jpg

Quinn
03-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Looks like they're single polyp Bob. I have regular crazy glue, I might go pick some of the gel up though. I have lots of rubble.

Trevor Robertson
03-09-2004, 04:15 PM
Well here is a quick not to say that this is looking to be a great meeting and to get us one more post closer to 13 pgs

Bob I
03-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Looks like they're single polyp Bob. I have regular crazy glue, I might go pick some of the gel up though. I have lots of rubble.

Regular Crazy Glue won't work. I use Quicktite Gel from Canadian Tire. It works well for me, although it is costly. :cry:

Trevor Robertson
03-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Regular Crazy Glue won't work. I use Quicktite Gel from Canadian Tire. It works well for me, although it is costly. :cry:

I have a few ?'s for you about this, does this work for sticking your live rock to gether as well? And if so can this be done underwater?

Just wondering I have a few rocks that like to move around and I would love to stop that.

thanks

Nemain
03-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Depending on where the rocks are, and how much you want to spend... I use a HUGE wad of epoxy underwater, then hold it with a rubber band until it has hardened. Works wonders. Of course, I am the red green of rubber bands :P

Beth

Bob I
03-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Using that gel would probably cost $100.00 per rock. It is better to do what Beth (Red Green of rubber bands) says. I use that stick you can buy at your LFS. :eek:

kuatto
03-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Bob
Are you able to frag the one that is in the second last photo of your gallery?

Jim

Bob I
03-09-2004, 04:56 PM
Bob
Are you able to frag the one that is in the second last photo of your gallery?

Jim

I suspect you are speaking of the one with the purple centres :question: If so, I have fragged that one for Christy. It is still here, and looks as if it going to spread. So the short answer is, yes I can frag that one. :mrgreen:

mr_alberta
03-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey Bob, you have some nice zoas there! You wouldn't be bringing any reds or purples to the party would you? :biggrin:

Also, thanks for the zoa fragging tips. Now I have something to do over the weekend!

littleboyblue16
03-09-2004, 07:19 PM
sorry i am alittle behind, whats all happening?

sleeman
03-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Bob,
I would like to get a single polyp zoo frag of anything but green. let me know what you have.

Cheers,

Al

bulletsworld
03-10-2004, 01:00 AM
Hey NEWGUY!
hey they are like in your avatar? Since I have nothing to frag except green star polyps can I buy a frag off you of above?

Let me know, Thanks

mr_alberta
03-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Hi,

Sure, I can frag off a small piece for you. I don't have rubble to place them on, so is a shell ok?

PrairieReefer
03-11-2004, 05:54 AM
Hello Everybody!

After 8 years in the hobby, it finally struck me to look for people nearby that are also fanatics like me. Nice to find others that will pay money to have wet rocks shipped thousands of miles(among other things).

I would love to come to a meeting sometime. Don't know if I can make it down for this april gathering though.

Anyway, Glad to meet you all. I'll be around.

Marcel

Nemain
03-11-2004, 02:05 PM
HI There =) It is very nice to meet you =)

I am sure there will be many more meetings in the works if you can't make it up for this one =)

As an aside, if anyone wants a candy-cane frag, I have one that is getting WAY to large.

Also have some orange with green center rics that are just wee babies, red mushrooms and purple/blue striped mushroom, some green hairy and some yellowish/whitish frilly. I love shrooms =-)

Thats pretty much it, nothing fantastic, but let me know if you want them and I will endeavor to delve into the realm of fraggin for ya =)

Beth

kuatto
03-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Beth
I guess I could make room for a frag of candycane :mrgreen:

Jim

mr_alberta
03-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Hi Beth,

I'd love to get some of the rics and purple/blue stripped off of you. How much are you asking?

Nemain
03-11-2004, 04:07 PM
The mushrooms would be free, the ric's im not entirely sure yet. Depends on how well I can split the rock. There are two on one side and two on the other, one set I want to keep for myself, but I certainly don't need four! Besides I want to give them lots of room to grow when they decide to grow o_O. I am thinking I *should* be able to just chisle the rock in half ( but I will let you know how it goes :biggrin: )

bulletsworld
03-12-2004, 11:22 PM
A candy cane huh? I could get one of thoses and some ric's... Count me in? I would be willing to buy as well.

Bob I
03-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Here is what should be my last post regarding zoos for the meeting. Please have a look at the pics, and PM me with the one(s) you want me to bring. :eek:
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/90zoo_06.jpg?5287
zoo_01, spoken for.
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/90zoo_11.jpg?1960
zoo_02. spoken for.
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/90zoo_05.jpg?3213
zoo_04, one big frag available.
http://members.shaw.ca/rcipema/actinic_zoos.jpg
zoo_05, two big frags available.
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/90zoo_07.jpg?3407
zoo_06, the one in front, two available.
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/90zoo_03.jpg?3325
zoo_07, all spoken for.
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/90zoo_09.jpg?7656
zoo_08, all spoken for.

Those are the only ones available at this time. I have many more, but they are not as yet ready to frag. :eek:

Not to worry Jim, I have yours too. :mrgreen:

mr_alberta
03-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Anyone have any Chaeto algae they can bring to the meet? I *should* have my plumbing redone by then, so my fuge will hopefully be set up.

sleeman
03-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Newguy,
I will be bringing some.

Cheers,

Al

Quinn
03-14-2004, 11:31 PM
So here's a compiled list of what I have. If you're interested, PM me. If you've already indicated your interest, PM me again and let me know what I originally told you this stuff was worth, because I can't remember now.

Tan birdsnest (Acropora sp.): requires powerful halide lighting, stable conditions.
http://quinn.rdcpsych.org/fish/sale%20corals%20mar%2014%2004/1.jpg

Brown/purple Montipora digitata: PC lighting or better.
http://quinn.rdcpsych.org/fish/sale%20corals%20mar%2014%2004/2.jpg

Brown M. digitata: PC lighting or better.
http://quinn.rdcpsych.org/fish/sale%20corals%20mar%2014%2004/4.jpg

Green M. digitata: PC lighting or better.
http://quinn.rdcpsych.org/fish/sale%20corals%20mar%2014%2004/5.jpg

Green M. capricornus: requires MH lighting, stable conditions - I only have one available.
http://quinn.rdcpsych.org/fish/sale%20corals%20mar%2014%2004/6.jpg

Green star polyps (Pachyclavularia sp.): I'll frag this if someone wants a piece and can't find any locally.
http://quinn.rdcpsych.org/fish/sale%20corals%20mar%2014%2004/3.jpg

Stretch
03-15-2004, 12:15 AM
I think i'm gonna past on this meeting....... I've been debating it for a bit now.

Quinn did you get that monti cap as a frag from tony?

kuatto
03-15-2004, 12:32 AM
How much for the green monti cap?

Jim

Bob I
03-15-2004, 12:56 AM
I think i'm gonna past on this meeting....... I've been debating it for a bit now.

Quinn did you get that monti cap as a frag from tony?

Ahh, come on Jesse. Ride with Quinn, and me. What a joy. :razz:

littleboyblue16
03-15-2004, 01:02 AM
Quinn how much is the Green star polyps?

Stretch
03-15-2004, 01:59 AM
Ahh, come on Jesse. Ride with Quinn, and me. What a joy. :razz:

Yeah I'd be fun. I would completly rule it out still got about 3.5 weeks.

I just have to save my money, I have to spend the weekend of the 16th in calgary not gonna be cheap...

Quinn
03-15-2004, 04:22 AM
Yeah Jesse, I had about six little pieces. I put them all onto two seperate rocks and they've both taken off. The photo is about three pieces that have grown into one another. I'm selling one of the frags, no point in keeping it.

You should come along with Bob and I. Big ol' road trip.

$15 for the cap, $10 for the GSPs.

Stretch
03-15-2004, 04:55 AM
humm very interesting :confused: My frag has never colored up like that. Grows pretty nicely, but not nearly as intense as yours or tony's :confused:

littleboyblue16
03-15-2004, 06:21 AM
nawh i will pass this time, untill i get my bigger fishtank

Bob I
03-15-2004, 04:03 PM
You should come along with Bob and I. Big ol' road trip.

If you were to take Bob out of that sentence, it would become "you should come along with I"

That of course is incorrect. In this case it should be "Bob and me"

:rolleyes: :eek: :biggrin: :razz:

Nemain
03-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Should there not be a comma after case? :lol:

Trevor Robertson
03-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Hey that makes 9 pages, only 4 more to go...

Beverly
03-15-2004, 06:21 PM
If you were to take Bob out of that sentence, it would become "you should come along with I"

boB,

I knew you'd catch that one :mrgreen:

Quinn
03-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Actually I wasn't even aware that there were cases one would use "me" versus "I". Very interesting. Now that I think about it though, it makes perfect sense.

Trevor Robertson
03-15-2004, 06:29 PM
Me is thankful that Me know know I can do it right;

Nemain
03-15-2004, 06:42 PM
So then, if it is me myself and I and I take out me and myself, then its just I. So really it should be me myself and me? :eek:

PrairieReefer
03-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Well, that all depends in which sentance you are using me, myself and I. In some cases, it should be I, I, and I. (In my ex's case it was always I,I and I). :lol:

Marcel

Nemain
03-15-2004, 07:28 PM
:rofl:

Bob I
03-16-2004, 01:21 AM
So then, if it is me myself and I and I take out me and myself, then its just I. So really it should be me myself and me? :eek:

Me and myself and I are the same person, and of course redundant :eek: You cannot apply a gramatical rule to a gramatically incorrect sentence. :biggrin:

Bob I
03-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Should there not be a comma after case? :lol:

I don't think so :lol:

Bob I
03-16-2004, 01:26 AM
Hey that makes 9 pages, only 4 more to go...

They had actually only 186 post about their meeting. We already have 196, so in reality WE WIN

Nemain
03-16-2004, 02:47 AM
Ok Bob, just because you don't have two friends that live in the same body doesnt mean everyone is like that. Right? :eek:

Nemain
03-18-2004, 03:03 PM
It is time to talk about something of grave imporance: FOOD

Please let me know if: youa re vegan/vegitarian/on atkins/diabetic/lactose intolerant/allergic to peanuts( or any other food!)celiac/or any other food interferance.

What do you people like to eat?

SAY FISH AND DIE :2gunfire:

Beth

Trevor Robertson
03-18-2004, 03:21 PM
humm well I am a big fan of T-Bone and would love to support the Alberta beef farmers but you don't have to make that just for me.

Then again I am also happy with :popcorn: so I am easy right :lol:

Bob I
03-18-2004, 03:47 PM
I eat nothing that comes out of the ocean, or river, or lake. :eek: I actually don't even like most things that drink water. :mrgreen: , except ground up cattle. :rolleyes:

kuatto
03-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Well,I'm allergic to anything healthy :razz:
Actually I'm not fussy

Jim

Nemain
03-18-2004, 08:02 PM
You know this just dooms you all. Now you don't have the * Ohh I am allergic to that* excuse if you don't like it :biggrin:

Quinn
03-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Ah Beth, I'm so glad you asked. I do enjoy starting off with a freshly baked Italian loaf with olive oil and vinegar. From there a salad of fresh greens, perhaps arugula? A main course of veal medallions with licorice and fresh rosemary. And for desert, tiramisu (always with Kahlua). What's the proper attire for the evening?

I actually know nothing about fine food so the above probably doesn't make sense. Although if you're ever looking for a great restaurant in Edmonton, I can recommend Il Portico on 107th street.

Beverly
03-18-2004, 10:23 PM
Beth,

We're going to eat supper before we come to your place, so nothing special for Chris and me.

Nemain
03-18-2004, 11:54 PM
Now why would you go and spoil anything with licorice :eek:

Don't worry Bev, just some snacking stuff =) And I promise not to MAKE anyone eat. Ok well, maybe a little.

So far, fochia bread with olive oil and blasimic vinigar ( and you thought you were being sarcastic Quinn!)

Spinach dip and calabrese (I dont care if you guys like it, its my favorite)

Veggies & Dip

Meat & Cheese

LOTS of sweets - again, dont care about you guys, I'm using this as an excuse to gorge.

Let me know if you guys like anything special =-) and I will make it - I never get to cook adult food =)

AND IF YOU ASK ME TO PUT CHEERIOS IN A BOWL - you can forgett it, I make that delicacy at least twice a week..

Beth

Quinn
03-19-2004, 12:01 AM
That's great Beth, I absolutely love focaccia bread (thanks Google) and oil and vinegar.

As a seasoning (it's a root I think), I really enjoy licorice actually.

You know sometime this summer we should all have a salmon barbecue or something of that ilk.

Dear God I'm hungry.

Nemain
03-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Now you would think I would use that darn spell checker now that I have it o_O

And a salmon BBQ would be completely wonderful =) But as an Easterner, I am going to vie for steak and lobster =-0

Do you actually mean licorice, or anise? I find licorice to be bitter and salty, anise you get the licorice flavor, but not that nasty after taste.

Beth

I'm hungry too.....

Quinn
03-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Oh you know I bet it was anise then. It was fairly subtle.

Lobster is good too.

mnoll406
03-19-2004, 05:40 PM
I missed the Calgary meet, so I will try and make it to the Edmonton meet. I have a lot of SPS, and a couple types of candycane LPS I could bring. If someone will host some pics I could email them.

Mike

Quinn
03-19-2004, 05:42 PM
Mike you are welcome to carpool with me, and possibly Bob and Jesse who will likely be coming along. PM me if you like.

mr_alberta
03-19-2004, 07:59 PM
I missed the Calgary meet, so I will try and make it to the Edmonton meet. I have a lot of SPS, and a couple types of candycane LPS I could bring. If someone will host some pics I could email them.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I can host them for you if you email them to me at harveyw@ualberta.ca

I won't be able to post them up until Monday though as I'll be in Calgary this weekend.

Beverly
03-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Mike,

Click on the email icon below this message and email them to me. I can set up a page tonight or tomorrow. Also, make sure you ID each pic as to its common or scientific name so I get them properly labeled.

Stretch
03-19-2004, 10:00 PM
I have decided to go to the meeting..

Sadly I have no frags to bring as of yet.

Bob I
03-20-2004, 07:47 PM

So far, fochia bread with olive oil and blasimic vinigar ( and you thought you were being sarcastic Quinn!)

I am assuming that is Focacio and Balsamic vinegar

Sorry you got me there. What is Calabrese?

Veggies & Dip

Meat & Cheese

LOTS of sweets - again, dont care about you guys, I'm using this as an excuse to gorge.

Let me know if you guys like anything special =-) and I will make it - I never get to cook adult food =)

AND IF YOU ASK ME TO PUT CHEERIOS IN A BOWL - you can forgett it, I make that delicacy at least twice a week..

Beth

Quinn
03-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Focaccia Bob. I don't know what calabrese is either.

Bob I
03-20-2004, 08:38 PM

I am assuming that is Focaccio and Balsamic vinegar

Sorry you got me there. What is Calabrese?

Veggies & Dip

Meat & Cheese

Beth

Nemain
03-20-2004, 08:43 PM
Its yummy bread Bob, and believe it or not, I spelled it correctly o_O

Nemain
03-23-2004, 02:38 PM
I *think* this is everyone that is coming. Let me know if I missed you, or if you arent coming.

~ Quinn
~ Van
~ Beverly the Birthday Girl & Chris
~ Fly Guy & Belle
~ Jim & Belle
~ John
~ Matt
~ Harvey & Cindey
~ Kegan & Sandy
~ Tahir & Tahmeena
~ Leeanne & Sol
~ Trevor Belleless (:P)
~ Bob
~ Italia
~ Mario & Darlene
~ Al
~ Jesse
~ Mike & Marni

Beth

Bob I
03-23-2004, 04:08 PM
There is to be someone called John who is coming with Jim. At least that is what he told me in a PM. I hope he shows up because I am bringing him zoos. :eek: :mrgreen:

kuatto
03-23-2004, 04:30 PM
The last time I talked to John(marine newbee)he was still going with me

Jim

littleboyblue16
03-23-2004, 05:10 PM
i don't know if i will be comming or not, i am still trying to take it off work
-shrugs- and i have alot of my plate right now, but i will tell you if not

Beverly
03-23-2004, 05:52 PM
~ Beverly the Birthday Girl & Beau

It's Beverly and Chris, who is the husband of the Birthday Girl :cool:

mnoll406
03-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Hey Beth,
It will be bringing my wife, Marni with also.

Mike

Nemain
03-24-2004, 02:33 AM
26 PEOPLE!!!!

Ok guys, I am more than happy to host this meeting, but it is going to be a tight fit - If someone with a larger home is willing I would graciously step down. If not, well ya may want to bring your lawn chairs o_O

kuatto
03-24-2004, 02:56 AM
Beth
I hosted the last one and if you don't think you will have enough room,I will check with my wife Karen to see if we can host.Let me know,I can also bring a bunch of folding chairs if you want.Send me a pm if you want.

Jim

Nemain
03-24-2004, 04:09 AM
If everyone doesnt mind crowded I should be ok =) Although a few folding chairs would be super =)

I think i have comfortable room for about 18/19. After that we have the cats bench and the kids couch (Lord only knows what you would find in there O_o)

Beth

kuatto
03-24-2004, 04:15 AM
O.k.,I'll bring 8 or 9 folding chairs(maybe more,if i can fit them in the back of the van)

Jim

Bob I
03-24-2004, 03:30 PM
If everyone doesnt mind crowded I should be ok =) Although a few folding chairs would be super =)

I think i have comfortable room for about 18/19. After that we have the cats bench and the kids couch (Lord only knows what you would find in there O_o)

Beth

I have found at our get togethers that a lot of people stand, and some sit on the floor, so if you have room for 18 to sit, you should be fine. :mrgreen:

tkhawaja
03-24-2004, 03:50 PM
~ Tahir (& Belle?)
Tahir & Tahmeena.

I'll bring a few folding chairs as well.

mr_alberta
03-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Hi Beth,

Could you post or pm me some directions to your place please? Thanks.

Nemain
03-25-2004, 07:32 PM
I cannot FTP it from work to my web space, i will try to get it up tonight from home.

Anyone know if shaw blocks outside ip's?

Nemain
03-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Yes they do - booger heads.

LINK TO MAP:

http://members.shaw.ca/nemain/reef_files/slide0001.htm

had a friend put it up for me =)

Beth

Trevor Robertson
03-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Hi Beth,

Could you post or pm me some directions to your place please? Thanks.

yes same here too :biggrin:

Bob I
03-26-2004, 03:57 PM
Yes they do - booger heads.

LINK TO MAP:

http://members.shaw.ca/nemain/reef_files/slide0001.htm

had a friend put it up for me =)

Beth

That link only led me to a bunch of street names on a white background. IOW it is useless (at least to me) :rolleyes:

Nemain
03-26-2004, 04:51 PM
really? thats odd. Hrm.. maybe I will put it in PDF... anyone else having trouble? Bob pm me and I will email it to you.

Beth

Bob I
03-26-2004, 04:54 PM
really? thats odd. Hrm.. maybe I will put it in PDF... anyone else having trouble? Bob pm me and I will email it to you.

Beth

I probably won't need it as I am riding with Quinn. As long as he knows where to go we should be fine. :mrgreen:

Quinn
03-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Yeah we'll be fine with that map I think.

kuatto
03-27-2004, 03:20 AM
I don't know if I already asked,does anyone that is going to the meet have some brittle stars they are willing to part with/sell/trade?

Jim

Quinn
03-27-2004, 03:47 AM
The mini ones? I am going to try to scrounge some up for Bev, I will try to get some for you as well.

kuatto
03-27-2004, 04:13 AM
:cool:

Quinn
03-29-2004, 06:51 AM
Ok here's what I've got down:

Bev - Some starfishes
Jim - Some starfishes, tan S. hystrix
Ty - Green M. digitata
Al - Three types M. digitata
Russell - Green M. capricornis, orange M. capricornis, tan S. hystrix

Let me know if that's right.

Beverly
03-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Bev - Some starfishes

Yup, that's right, Quinn :smile:

mr_alberta
03-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Ok,

So this is what I'm bringing:

Zoa and Xenia Frag for Bulletsworld (Lee)
Pink Star Polyps for Trevor Robinson
Zoa frag for Beverly to trade for some Macro
Bio Balls for kuatto (Jim)
Money for Bob for frags :biggrin:
Money for Nemain for frags :biggrin:

Did I miss anything or anyone?

kuatto
03-30-2004, 01:31 PM
Sounds about right :biggrin:

Jim

Nemain
03-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Money - who said money....

The candy canes - some are doing better than others - free

Mushrooms - free

I have a blue ric that isn't attached to anything - what ever ya want to give me for it

And an orange Ric - you have to break the rock in half - I am to scared of wrecking something - what ever you want to give me for it. If you want this, you best bring a chisel, I think I still have a hammer some where o_O

I also have a fluorescent green brain that I just bought - but then I fell in love with Deb's - so the green guy is up if anyone wants him. I was a moron and bought him at full price - 80 bucks, but will take just about any offer =)

I also have too much green algae - I can't seem to get it attached to the rock in the what used to be Beverly's sea horse tank - if anyone needs some =) Its funky looking and fun.

Beth

BTW - I should have the bathroom Reno's done by Saturday - BUT it will prolly smell like paint and lino glue - I will try to air it out, but if anyone is sensitive to that sort of thing, be forewarned ( I do have another not renovated bathroom upstairs =)

I should also warn you that parking on my street is hell and then some and it is still pretty wet, so don't wear pretty shoes =)

Bob I
03-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Money - who said money....

I did, after all the trip has to be worthwhile especially with your wet conditions, and I am coming to the city that is home to my greatest sports enemies

The candy canes - some are doing better than others - free

Mushrooms - free

I have a blue ric that isn't attached to anything - what ever ya want to give me for it

And an orange Ric - you have to break the rock in half - I am to scared of wrecking something - what ever you want to give me for it. If you want this, you best bring a chisel, I think I still have a hammer some where o_O

I am interested in Ricordias, and could bring a big chisel

I also have a fluorescent green brain that I just bought - but then I fell in love with Deb's - so the green guy is up if anyone wants him. I was a moron and bought him at full price - 80 bucks, but will take just about any offer =)

That seems like a big price for a brain

I also have too much green algae - I can't seem to get it attached to the rock in the what used to be Beverly's sea horse tank - if anyone needs some =) Its funky looking and fun.

Beth

BTW - I should have the bathroom Reno's done by Saturday - BUT it will prolly smell like paint and lino glue - I will try to air it out, but if anyone is sensitive to that sort of thing, be forewarned ( I do have another not renovated bathroom upstairs =)

I should also warn you that parking on my street is hell and then some and it is still pretty wet, so don't wear pretty shoes =) :biggrin:

Nemain
03-30-2004, 04:23 PM
As I said - I was a moron when I bought it, my daughter wanted it in the tank - and she is just so darn cute I cannot say no. I don't expect to get my cash back, but there is no sense in having two in my little tank =)

Just because Edmonton sports teams are so much more skilled than Calgary's does not mean you have to harbor bad feelings Bob. Perhaps you and Quinn can talk about your resentment issues during the trip. :lol:

As for the ric's - New Guy has dibs on one I believe. Not sure if he wants the orange or the blue....

As for needing money to get wet - well, I am just not even going to go there :mrgreen:

Beth

mr_alberta
03-30-2004, 05:54 PM
Hi Beth,

How big is the green brain?

kuatto
03-30-2004, 06:05 PM
Beth
did you put me down for a frag of candy cane?if not can you?

Jim

Nemain
03-30-2004, 06:09 PM
Yup I have you down for a candy cane =)

The brain is about 3" across - but I am guestimating. Maybe 4". Heck smaller than my foot and bigger than my finger :mrgreen:

mr_alberta
03-30-2004, 06:13 PM
Alrighty. My friend might be interested in it.

mr_alberta
03-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Oops, forgot to ask, what type if brain is it? Favites, Trachyphylia, etc.

Nemain
03-30-2004, 08:31 PM
I am not going to promise you that I am correct but i think its is a Wellsophyllia - again - no promises, I suck at classifying stuff.

mr_alberta
03-30-2004, 10:07 PM
Hi Beth,

I might pass on the rics for now, but I might pick up the brain depending on which type it is. I'm not sure what to give you for it though. I do have a small green BTA clone that I can trade you later on. I don't think it'll be ready by the meet.

Skimmerking
03-30-2004, 11:53 PM
ok im just going to bring my good looks :lol: .I will let you know if i can make it or not ok , Have to see i'm leavign on sun morning

later

mike

Bob I
03-31-2004, 12:57 AM
I am not going to promise you that I am correct but i think its is a Wellsophyllia - again - no promises, I suck at classifying stuff.

Just to confuse the issue Borneman says wellsophyllia is an old name. It is now Trachyphyllia. :mrgreen:

EmilyB
03-31-2004, 01:07 AM
Wellsophyllia is still used to differentiate the metallic variety, perhaps yours is on this site Beth:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?siteid=22&pCatId=321

Nemain
03-31-2004, 01:59 AM
It was sold as a metalic green open brain. I would assume that makes it welsawhatamajigit. You will be here on saterday, if you want it, its yours, if you dont, I do have room for it, I just hate redundancy =)

Mike - bring your brother along - that way your family will have something to bug you about during family dinners =) Hope we see you there =)

Beth

Please dont check my spelling or grammar, Im sick n sleepy =)

PrairieReefer
03-31-2004, 03:43 AM
Beth, is there going to be room in your house for one more person? I may be able to make it up to Edmonton, and would love to meet everyone. I can't say for sure, but I will let you know closer to Saturday.

mr_alberta
03-31-2004, 04:07 AM
Hi Beth,

My friend says he won't be able to make it :rolleyes:

So, it'll just be me and my girlfriend for the meet.

Nemain
03-31-2004, 04:22 AM
I am sure we can manage =) As long as everyone knows there wont be room for a congo line it is all good =)

Beth

Quinn
03-31-2004, 04:52 AM
We're still on for the square dance though right?

Nemain
03-31-2004, 02:38 PM
Absolutely! Although we may have to move the chairs aside for the polka =)

Beth

kuatto
03-31-2004, 08:19 PM
ok,here is what I'm bringing for people(free because they're real small)

Bob - ricordia(mounted on a rock)
Beth - green zoos
Beverly- green zoos
Harvey - green zoos
Al - green zoos(if he shows)

And also bringing some greenstriped shrooms and one or two tiny ricordia babies you all can fight over and whatever else I can manage to cut up :mrgreen:

If I foregot someone let me know,cause if i didn't write it down,I foregot about it

Jim

littleboyblue16
04-01-2004, 04:03 AM
Hey Jim,
i can't make it to the meet, but can u save some green zoos for me, if u have some left

mnoll406
04-02-2004, 05:43 AM
Hey Bev,
Can you bring some of your exotic macro algae for me, I would really appreciate it. If anybody has out of the ordinary macro algae I would also be interested in that.

Mike

Quinn
04-02-2004, 06:08 AM
I can supply two forms of Caulerpa spp. if you'd like. :neutral:

Beverly
04-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Mike,

My exotic macro isn't particularly fast growing. One is red, the other is dark brown. Will harvest all that I can for the meeting and folks can divvie it up. I know I have to keep some in trade for some zoos that someone is bringing for me. The rest will be up for grabs.

mnoll406
04-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Hey Quinn,
What form of caulerpa do you have.

Bev,
I would be very interested in both types of Macro. I would buy or trade for it. I'm bringing various frags. I was going to post pics of what I have available, but had too much going on.

Mike

PrairieReefer
04-02-2004, 04:33 PM
It looks like I will be coming.

My sisters car was stolen this morning, and we have a vehicle she can use until it is found or she gets something to drive. Kind of poor circumstances that are the deciding factor, but what can you do?

Nemain
04-02-2004, 04:41 PM
At least there is a small silver lining =( Sorry to hear about her car.

See you all tommorow!!!!

Beth

Quinn
04-02-2004, 09:24 PM
C. serrulata and C. racemosa. They're growing together so you'd have to take some of both if any.

mnoll406
04-03-2004, 05:31 AM
I'll take some quinn.

Mike

Bob I
04-03-2004, 03:26 PM
Well, good news, we have exceeded both the number of pages, and the number of posts the Vancouver group managed before their last meeting.
I will see you all later (depending on Quinn's driving of course)
:BIG:

Nemain
04-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Have we exceeded the number of people o_O - I gave up counting :P

Could someone bring some ice?

Thanx,

Beth

Bob I
04-03-2004, 05:43 PM
So I erased Quinn's post with his phone number. Now I have to find his place on my own. :mad:

Stretch
04-03-2004, 05:44 PM
I know where he lives......

Bob I
04-03-2004, 05:55 PM
I know where he lives......

Okay, but what good does that do me. :question: I am thinking of heading north on #2, and turning off at the Blackfalds exit. The go to #2a, and North on that. :mrgreen:

Stretch
04-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Well you could come here then, we both go to his place or i can try and give you directions

Bob I
04-03-2004, 06:11 PM
I can find Blackfalds, so if you see a red Escort wagon there looking lost between 3:00 and 3:30 pm, it will be me. But I should be fine. I will leave here early enough.

Stretch
04-03-2004, 06:19 PM
ok if your sure.

I'll PM you my cell# just incase

Skimmerking
04-03-2004, 06:24 PM
just to let everyone know its a go i will be there at the meeting ,If you see a red MX-6 driving around with manitoba paltes jsut wave and stop me ok

mike

P.S what time is the meeting starting at

Skimmerking
04-03-2004, 06:28 PM
oh ya do i need to bring anything , Nemain let me know ok

mike

p.s is the timing atil around 7:00pm

Trevor Robertson
04-03-2004, 07:47 PM
any hockey fans here?

I was just thinking that the most important game of the year for the Oilers is tonight, I hope that there will be a TV in the room that we will be in :-)

See you tonight

Oh and I guess if you happen to be looking out side and see a silver Saturn VUE looking lost that would be me.

Stretch
04-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Down with the Oilers :lol: :razz:

Beverly
04-03-2004, 09:14 PM
Trevor,

Set your VCR to tape the game and watch it when you get home :rolleyes: Sheesh! This is a REEF gathering :mrgreen:

Nemain
04-03-2004, 10:16 PM
There is a TV downstairs, and anyone that wants to watch the game is more than welcome =)

Although... I get the comfy chair...

Beth

Italia
04-03-2004, 10:28 PM
Sorry guys can't make it. The game is on and I did not realize that my wife made other commentments in which I cannot get out of. See you all the next meet.