PDA

View Full Version : Been away

JTrigger
02-24-2004, 04:29 AM
for a lil while and unlike last time I went on a trip and most everything died in my tank everything survived well, but my yellow tang's covered in ich. At any rate, I just got back and I was going to treat myself to a nice b-day present, but was wondering if anyone might give me some tips on any new livestock (more inverts(clams)/coral than fish) at J&L's, King Ed's, Big Al's...etc in the Vancouver area.

JT

EmilyB
02-24-2004, 04:58 AM
:question: huh? Sorry, don't get that.

Ok, let me elaborate. Your tang has ick, etc. and you are going shopping for more livestock. :eek:

JTrigger
02-24-2004, 05:19 AM
LoL, I should have made it two separate statements...

1. Just got back from a holiday and I was ecstatic to see that nothing died as last time I went on holiday practically 3/4 of my tank bit it... the only con was my yellow tang was covered in ich

2. On a separate note it was recently my birthday and I was wondering if anyone has noticed any hot new sales, or livestock (particularly inverts/coral) in the greater Vancouver area

JT

Namscam
02-24-2004, 05:27 AM
JandL has some nice blue and purple maxima clams for 100/clam....i just got myself 2 and they look great...nice size too

JTrigger
02-24-2004, 05:44 AM
Think they still have any? Was this recent that you got the pair? Thx for the info!

Namscam
02-24-2004, 05:46 AM
Friday was when they got them in...I got mine on Sunday....and there was still about 7 or so clams left...so I m pretty sure they ll have it tomorrow....but they should be gone by mid-week...they usually are

BCOrchidGuy
02-24-2004, 06:18 AM
King Ed doesn't have much in but they are due for a shipment. Welcome back, now just as a side note to Emily's post, whatcha going to do with that Tang. I guess you aren't looking for fish... lol

Doug

Namscam
02-24-2004, 06:21 AM
didnt king eds just have a shipment of fishes and corals on friday nite...because they had some acroporas on friday which is very rare for kind eds because they dont usually get sps ....if you are looking for clams, I think king eds only get derasa clam...well thats what I have been told by rob because I once asked him to order me some maxima but he said he cant get those...plus king eds has new shipments every week dont they??

BCOrchidGuy
02-24-2004, 06:24 AM
Namscam, yes those Acro were superb weren't they, someone ordered them though and they took all of them I was in yesterday and they have maybe a dozen corals left.
They get a shipment of fish in each week and a shipment of coral in each week.

Doug

Namscam
02-24-2004, 06:27 AM
I didnt really get a chance to see those acros in action :frown: :frown:
When I got there, the actinics were already on so i didnt get to see it at its full beauty...too bad cuz i was thinking of getting it while I was there but couldnt quite see its exact colors :frown:
did u get any acros??

BCOrchidGuy
02-24-2004, 06:30 AM
No they were superb though, one was a sweet lime green, one was a nice blue, one was purple and one was kind of a yellow gold colour, can't remember the others. They were all ordered by one guy so Ron told Robert NOT to sell any of them until the guy got there and made his choice. I'm thinking of asking him to order a couple more, the price was excellent $59.95 each.

Doug

Namscam
02-24-2004, 06:33 AM
did the guy buy all the acro or just got first choice on the acros??

BCOrchidGuy
02-24-2004, 06:35 AM
bugger took everyone of them..... darn people

Doug

Namscam
02-24-2004, 06:41 AM
darn greedy ppl..why cant they just learn to share

JTrigger
02-24-2004, 07:16 AM
What are the derasas like at King Ed's? Good shape?

Namscam
02-24-2004, 07:38 AM
they dont have any at the moment I think

BCOrchidGuy
02-24-2004, 03:55 PM
When they've got them they are usually nice, but they don't have any right now.

Doug

Dale D
02-25-2004, 03:59 AM
Phone Mike out at Hidden Reef, he is supposed to be getting in a bunch of clams next Thursday.

JTrigger
02-25-2004, 04:27 AM
Thx for the tip Dale