PDA

View Full Version : RIO 20HF

BCOrchidGuy
02-24-2004, 03:52 AM
Not to start another debate on Rio's I picked up one of the new ones a 20HF for my 155 gallon tank. This sucker blows so much water it's just amazing, I'm having to build a manifold to try to divert the water off in two directions. It's rated for 1290GPH and it's got my 155 looking like a jacuzzi. I've actually got small whirl pools in a couple of spots in the tank, sand (oolithic) is all shaped like the wave zone at the beach. All in all the effect is ultra cool.

Doug

Jack
02-24-2004, 04:35 AM
I still wouldn't trust them but that's just me. :rolleyes:

BCOrchidGuy
02-24-2004, 06:10 AM
I know alot of people feel that way, I've just never had a problem with them. One that I had left out for a few months broke the shaft when I tried to start it up but other than that they've been trouble free for me.

Doug

Nemain
02-24-2004, 04:26 PM
I have a 20hf, I bought it before I heard all the hype about Rio's. That sucker has serious water movement, and I havent had a problem with it ( ok well one, but ... it was more about a 2 year old that a rio :P)

I am not going to say that all the Hype is wrong, but I am certainly happy with the one I have.

ree-fready
02-26-2004, 02:41 AM
all`s it takes is one and can you say wipe out?

BCOrchidGuy
02-26-2004, 03:49 AM
Look, like I said in the first post NOT to start another debate on Rio's. Yes I've heard the arguements but you know what? I've heard about people who've lost their tank to a bad choice in salt, I've heard about people who've lost their tank to some dork at a party wanting to know what fish look like drunk. I've been using Rio's for years, I've not had one fail while in a tank. I've had TOP notch heaters crack for no apparent reason. I've had water pumps fail. I've seen aquariums spring a leak. It happens.
If you dont like Rio's dont use them. I'm not twisting your arm. Heck, how many people still use hagen test kits when we KNOW there are better out there.

Doug