PDA

View Full Version : Foxface rabbitfish and an orange spot rabbitfish together?

fishoholic
01-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Just wondering if anyone has kept a foxface and an orange spot rabbit together? My orange spot rabbitfish is getting picked on in my fowlr tank. I was debating on moving him over to my 230g reef tank but I have a foxface rabbitfish in my reef. Both of my rabbitfish are pretty docile, I'm just not sure how'd they'd react to each other. Anyone keep two different rabbitfish together before?

MarkoD
01-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Just wondering if anyone has kept a foxface and an orange spot rabbit together? My orange spot rabbitfish is getting picked on in my fowlr tank. I was debating on moving him over to my 230g reef tank but I have a foxface rabbitfish in my reef. Both of my rabbitfish are pretty docile, I'm just not sure how'd they'd react to each other. Anyone keep two different rabbitfish together before?

I've seen a fox face and a bicolor foxface kept in a same tank.

I'm pretty sure they'll be fine

FishyFishy!
01-16-2012, 09:01 PM
I had a large Foxface, and a large two bar rabbitfish in the same tank, and they loved eachother.

fishoholic
01-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Good to know thanks. I'm sick of seeing my orange spot getting picked on. Didn't want to move him over if it was going to be more of the same in the other tank, no guarantees I realize but good to know rabbitfish have been kept together without issues. Now to see if I have any hope of catching him :neutral:

The Grizz
01-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Foceface and Scribbled Rabbit here not a problem in both my reef and Fowlr.

Delphinus
01-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Depends on how ornery your fish are. I've had rabbitfish kill newly introduced rabbits too. I even went so far as to make sure the newcomer went into the new tank first, but the bigger one went after the smaller one. Looked like regular hazing which usually goes away after 2-3 days but the smaller one died 2 days in. That killer rabbit is now in Fishyfishy's care and I sure do hope one day he sells him back to me, LOL, a moment of weakness and sold that fish when I shouldn't have.

fishoholic
01-16-2012, 10:04 PM
So far neither rabbit is ornery both are very peaceful. Might be a mute point, seems my orange spot is on to me and is hiding in the middle of the tank under all the rock :neutral: He has been chased into the overflow before wish I had moved him then :sad:

Delphinus
01-16-2012, 10:10 PM
I honestly thought my doliatus was docile too otherwise I wouldn't have risked it with the new one. His mean streak came out of nowhere. Fish ultimately are fish, or in other words .. "really pretty jerks."

fishoholic
01-17-2012, 01:14 AM
:surprise: I finally caught him and moved him over. The foxface flared up at him a little bit but mostly seems ok. However my dumb naso tang has been chasing him a bit and trying to nip him. They're ok when he's in the rock but when he comes out in the open is when the naso gives him a hard time. Seems not to bad overall, hopefully after the naso is done jumping him in they'll all be ok. Here's hoping my naso isn't as much of a jerk to him as my king angel and blueline trigger are.