PDA

View Full Version : to combine two tanks or not to this is my question

isaac1
01-15-2012, 09:11 PM
ive had my 35 gallon reef now for two yrs and i have just set my 90 gallon up i have it filled and its cycles is done ive put a pink tail and picasso trigger i. now my concern is will triggers destroy my corals if i move rverything from my reef in to my 90 or would it better to keep it just as an aggresive fowler?

Wayne
01-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Yeah I guess it just depends on how much you like your reef tank... There certainly isn't a shortage of FOWLR tanks out there if you enjoy the fish. But if you want both you can do two seperate tanks or build a single custom with a glass wall between. Plumbed to the same sump coul be a very nice system.

isaac1
01-15-2012, 09:28 PM
in other words not such a good idea to mix triggers with corals

Wayne
01-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Not with corals you like :lol:

isaac1
01-15-2012, 09:34 PM
would they eat a brain coral the one in my 35 is getting entirly to big so i was gunna put it in my 90

sumpfinfishe
01-15-2012, 10:01 PM
From what i have seen in the wild, triggers aren't very picky they will eat
soft or hard corals, and in a tank with limited food sources i imagine they
wont last too long, go with fish only in one and corals in another tank:biggrin:

fishoholic
01-16-2012, 03:48 AM
Triggers don't usually eat coral, the two you have will mostly likely never touch it. Some triggers eat shrimp though, can be hit or miss. The more aggressive types of triggers don't usually eat coral either, but if the coral is on a smallish rock or not glued down, they love to grab the coral and toss it around the tank like their own personal play toy.