PDA

View Full Version : Fish Stores?

fishpalace
01-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Does anybody happen to know of any Saltwater stores in the edmonton or leduc area other than big als aquarium Illusion and Blue world.??

I'm trying to find something diffrent.

The Grizz
01-12-2012, 04:25 PM
There is Red Coral on Fort Road and on the south side there is the old Aqua Giant that has new owners and a new name i think, Steve @ Red Coral will know the name.

fishpalace
01-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Cool. Thanks.. Anybody know of any other stores?

badfish!
01-12-2012, 04:32 PM
There is also marine aquaria further down calgary trail near 28 ave roughly

badfish!
01-12-2012, 04:33 PM
There is Red Coral on Fort Road and on the south side there is the old Aqua Giant that has new owners and a new name i think, Steve @ Red Coral will know the name.

I think they are aqua exotic, they are on parsons road (99 street) south of 34 ave

Lonster
01-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Aquarium central has a small saltwater section they are on 111th ave and about 120 st.

phlyer
01-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Aquatic exoctic is a good one Candace is great to deal with

PMC
01-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Yes they are in the old Aqua Giant store, just down the street from Big Al's. The actual address is 3204 Parsons Road. Prices are reasonable, and they seem knowledgable.

And I heard they are getting a fish order tonight

Nano
01-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Aquatic exoctic is a good one Candace is great to deal with

this is one place I have yet to go into!! lol

Red coral is Great, Steve is a great guy to deal with, as is Ken at BWA
marine aquaria is always a nice little store as well. I would stay away from big als personally unless its dry goods your after. that my opinion tho. Try out Aquatic Exotic, let me know how it is ;) ;)

Blenny
01-12-2012, 10:58 PM
which does everyone think is the best for fish and coral selection?

Nano
01-12-2012, 11:00 PM
from my experience, Steve at RedCoral, has an awesome selection all the time, Marine aquaria doesnt have a lot of space, but they do have lots of nice Zoo's and others. I can't speak for some of the other stores as I havent been on the scene in a while now

Blenny
01-12-2012, 11:05 PM
i think im going to have to stop by there sometime soon big als is kinda weak for selection

RedCoralEdmonton
01-12-2012, 11:16 PM
yup stacked with coral always.... I order so much coral that im often "too full", if there is such a thing....

Steve

intarsiabox
01-13-2012, 03:01 AM
which does everyone think is the best for fish and coral selection?

No real right answer here as every store is always bringing in new items, usually weekly. One store might be have a good selection to someone because it has what they want, maybe not a good selection for you. I've bought fish and frags from every place mentioned and have had no problems with any of them. Just look for healthy specimens, even if you see something you really want but it looks questionable pass it by regardless of which store it's from. Also don't overlook Canreef, if you want something in particular just post it and maybe someone will have it for you.

fishpalace
01-14-2012, 03:22 AM
Well Thanks for all the comments and suggestions on where i should go.. I actually found all my rock and a decent price and now my tank looks amazing...better than it did before hand lol..
thanks guys.