PDA

View Full Version : Which skimmer to use BK mini160 or swc extreme 160

freezetyle
01-12-2012, 04:07 AM
Right now on my 90 gallon with approximately 25 gallon sump i am using a swc extreme 160 cone skimmer. On my 50 gallon seahorse tank with around 15 gallon sump I'm using a bubble king mini 160 skimmer. As it stands right now the swc skimmer is pulling a lot of skimmate and the bubble king seems to be performing at a subpar level.

Initially i had figured that i would be feeding the seahorse tank heavier than the reef so i kept the bk on it, now i am questioning my decision. Looking for some opinions.

unclesalty
01-12-2012, 06:12 AM
Why not switch them around on the tanks and see the difference?

The Grizz
01-12-2012, 04:22 PM
exactly what I was thinking ^^^

Bblinks
01-12-2012, 11:23 PM
It does depend on your doc level in the two different tanks. Once the skimmer has skimmed off most of the doc it will level off. Maybe the bbk is doing too good of a job... However I am as bias as they come when it comes to skimmers. It's bbk or nothing. :mrgreen:

Switch them up and see what happens.

freezetyle
01-13-2012, 01:21 AM
It does depend on your doc level in the two different tanks. Once the skimmer has skimmed off most of the doc it will level off. Maybe the bbk is doing too good of a job... However I am as bias as they come when it comes to skimmers. It's bbk or nothing. :mrgreen:

Switch them up and see what happens.

Thanks what i was thinking. i knew the best answer would be swap them and see. Just wanted to grab people opinions

And i agree BBK is the tits

unclesalty
01-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Thanks what i was thinking. i knew the best answer would be swap them and see. Just wanted to grab people opinions

And i agree BBK is the tits

I haven't owned either of these models but I am "guessing" that your BK will blow your SWC away!

Myka
01-13-2012, 01:35 AM
the bubble king seems to be performing at a subpar level.[quote]

[quote=freezetyle;670625]And i agree BBK is the tits

Uhm... are you saying tits are subpar or are you saying subpar is good enough? :lol: I don't think your BK is "the tits" if it is running subpar. :surprise:

freezetyle
01-13-2012, 02:49 AM
[quote=freezetyle;670269]the bubble king seems to be performing at a subpar level.[quote]

Uhm... are you saying tits are subpar or are you saying subpar is good enough? :lol: I don't think your BK is "the tits" if it is running subpar. :surprise:

I should have been more eloquent with my wording, my apologies.

it is performing subpar compared to its previous performance when the tank was a reef with a higher fish load (6-7 fish reef vs. 2 seahorses and heavy feeding).