PDA

View Full Version : does my fish has swim bladder disease?

Coleus
01-11-2012, 04:00 PM
I just notice My rock beauty is swimming strangely comparing to rest of others in the tank. I have not added any thing to a tank for a year now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fPfydsbvRw

Does he has a swim bladder disease?

Thanks

Skimmerking
01-11-2012, 05:04 PM
posted in the wrong forum buds

Coleus
01-11-2012, 05:09 PM
127 viewers and no one know?

Coleus
01-12-2012, 04:51 PM
can anyone help? Thanks

naesco
01-12-2012, 05:36 PM
can anyone help? Thanks

Difficult but you will know if it is not normal.
Use your QT. Provide lots of oxygenated water. Check to see if an anti-biotic will help. You want a neomycin based one as the other brands do not work in salt water. I also read somewhere to slowly increase the temperature. Check and try that.
Wayne

gregzz4
01-12-2012, 06:42 PM
That's a hard one to call Tai. Sometimes it looks like your fish is actually looking up for food, and sometimes not. I hope it's OK

Coleus
01-12-2012, 08:48 PM
thanks guys. He has been doing this for couple weeks now (unless i did not notice it sooner). Sometimes he swims fine, some times he swims like a hawkfish where he has to wiggle his fin much faster to keep up with other fishes like in the video. Will continue to monitor and see

naesco
01-12-2012, 09:28 PM
thanks guys. He has been doing this for couple weeks now (unless i did not notice it sooner). Sometimes he swims fine, some times he swims like a hawkfish where he has to wiggle his fin much faster to keep up with other fishes like in the video. Will continue to monitor and see
The thing to look for is it appears he cannot control his swimming or swimming 'angle'
As I am sure you know the rock beauty angel is a very fragile fish so make sure that he is getting a good share of the food as it appears he has lots of competition.

George
01-12-2012, 09:51 PM
It's definitely having some kind of problems. If it's a new fish, I will say it's swim bladder. Swim bladder problem will usually show up not long after the fish being collected (days or weeks). Since you have the fish for over 1 year, not sure it's the swim bladder that get damaged.
I also echo the suggestion of getting it to a QT and hit it with maracyn and maracyn-2.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.