PDA

View Full Version : newsystem/Lighting

Orion80
02-23-2004, 01:22 PM
Hi,

First off I want to thank everyone whom contributes to this forum I have gotten so much great info from all of you, Thanx Adolph

I am running a 70 gallon
10 gallon sump
30 gallon Refugium
Iwaki 40RLT pump
120lbs argonite sand (its like flour)
NO LR yet will b buying some ASAP

Tank has cycled already, all stats seem to b stable.

I have a 2 NO bulb florusent on refugium sould b enough for it???
Big question is I only have a 4 NO Floursents set up forthe main tank would this b enough for now for fish and live rock to survive????

In the future will remove a set of the NO on the main tank and a a set of Power Compacts, so I can have solft corals.. Any ideas on will this suffice???Limit bank account.

Once again thanks to you all u run a great site, and would it b ok if we added u as a link to our new web site.
www.Reginareef.ca we do not have much for good stores or info in Saskatchewan but this is a start for us.

Adolph Z/Orion80
Regina,Sk

Jason McK
02-23-2004, 02:18 PM
Welcome Orion80,
Sound like you have a great start
First thing though, The cycle will not begin until you have LR. It is the die-off in the LR that starts the nitrogen cycle and starts producing all the beneficial Bactria.
Secondly,
IMO for PC lighting I would get as much as you can afford. I would go 4X 65W or more.

J

Old Guy
02-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Big question is I only have a 4 NO Floursents set up forthe main tank would this b enough for now for fish and live rock to survive????

Fish and LR will do well under NO. In fact the deepest purple and pink coralline do best under NO.

Jeff

Jack
02-23-2004, 07:17 PM
Any thoughts on adding a skimmer to the system?

For your situation I would reccomend a VHO system. Bulb replacement costs are cheaper and you won't need as many bulbs. 2x110w 4' VHO's will be fine for softies over a 70g IMO.

Marcus K
02-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Adolph you are more than welcome to come over and seem my PC's. I am running 4 55watt bulbs right now and looking into adding more in the future. I do have a M/H 250watt that I can show you if you drop buy soon. I am trying to sell the M/H. I sent you my phone number for the overflow.

marcus

Orion80
02-24-2004, 03:01 AM
Ya I actually have a Berlin Turbo skimmer, forgot to putthat in their, and thanx for all the advice guys...
Adolph