PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Algae Free replacement pads?

-=James=-
01-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Kind of a small deal but does anyone know where to buy the replacement pads for the Algae Free magnets (Tiger Shark float) locally? I checked online but shipping would cost me more than the pads itself.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/images/magnets/gls-pads.jpg

eli@fijireefrock.com
01-09-2012, 06:00 PM
You could get those stick on pads from a hardware store,that's what have been using for a ling time

eli@fijireefrock.com
01-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Industrial strength velcro :biggrin:

parkinsn
01-09-2012, 06:04 PM
The inside is essentially just the "hook" side of velcro. Im sure you could go to Fabricland and get a roll of the right size and coral/crazy glue it on. Some felt for the outside would work.

-=James=-
01-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I guess I can mock up something from the hardware store instead.

Would any type of velcro be safe to use on glass?

parkinsn
01-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I guess I can mock up something from the hardware store instead.

Would any type of velcro be safe to use on glass?

I dont know what would be safe. I would imagine that its all safe. It's just plastic and fabric, there might be glue but I'm not sure.

-=James=-
01-11-2012, 10:23 PM
You could get those stick on pads from a hardware store,that's what have been using for a ling time

I bought some velcro sticky pads from RONA. Would they be safe to use in the aquarium? It says not recommended for underwater use, whereas the Algae Free ones say they are non-toxic and safe. I think it will be fine. I can take the magnet out when im not using it if need be.

eli@fijireefrock.com
01-11-2012, 11:13 PM
You shouldn't have any problem using what you bought.I have been using it for a long time with no problem from the glue.