PDA

View Full Version : Monti plate regenerating ?

sunoka
01-08-2012, 03:28 PM
I had a major disaster about 3 months ago my over flow box failed and broke lose so I had to drop the water in the DT and reattach the OF box. Well I let it sit for more than 30 hr. to cure but the silicone still poisoned my tank and lost all my sps Monti plates and all of my LPS but one the red brain coral.

So my question the dead Monti plate that I didn`t get broken off the live rock has color again.....I didn`t think it was possable now I regret removing all the dead plate because it is coming back.:question:
I had a 8x8" plate and the other was 4x4" and it also is green now not dead brown.

How is this possable??

FitoPharmer
01-08-2012, 05:37 PM
If a single polyp survived and retracted into the skeleton for survival. That one polyp is enough to bring the entire colony back. SPS are the most amazing corals, sometimes almost coming back from the dead.

sunoka
01-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Oh yes it came back from the dead alright. I have 2 differant plates coming around from I thought was dead.....

If a single polyp survived and retracted into the skeleton for survival. That one polyp is enough to bring the entire colony back. SPS are the most amazing corals, sometimes almost coming back from the dead.

ashr
01-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Hope it turns out for you!

lastlight
01-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Was the tissue entirely gone or was the coral extremely white/bleached?

Glad to hear there's something positive remaining after your mishap.

I've had 2 monti caps (purple and a pink) recede to almost nothing but there was certainly visible tissue (coloured) left. The pink in particular doesn't like change. When I did my transfer I had to re-frag it. It receded once again to almost nothing and now it's coming back at a furious pace.

Gotta love SPS lol.

sunoka
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM
It appered to have no tissue left , it tuned bron then when off white color.I had to move some frags around to get more light at them so they will have a better chance.

Was the tissue entirely gone or was the coral extremely white/bleached?

Glad to hear there's something positive remaining after your mishap.

I've had 2 monti caps (purple and a pink) recede to almost nothing but there was certainly visible tissue (coloured) left. The pink in particular doesn't like change. When I did my transfer I had to re-frag it. It receded once again to almost nothing and now it's coming back at a furious pace.

Gotta love SPS lol.