PDA

View Full Version : skimmers

e46er
01-05-2012, 12:42 AM
a friend has a 220 G display with a 75 or 90 G sump so after displacement of rocks sand i figure this system will hold around 220 gallons

would a BBK mini 180 be big enough and outskim say a vertex 250/280? BBK would be used the vertex would be new

im leaning towards the BBK just because they are the grand daddy of all skimmers

Skimmerking
01-05-2012, 02:53 AM
a friend has a 220 G display with a 75 or 90 G sump so after displacement of rocks sand i figure this system will hold around 220 gallons

would a BBK mini 180 be big enough and outskim say a vertex 250/280? BBK would be used the vertex would be new

im leaning towards the BBK just because they are the grand daddy of all skimmers

A mini 180 isn't a good choice you don't get alot of contact time on these skimmers. However yes BK, Deltec, H&S are all top of the line skimmers, with Vertex the cone series following in the rear.:wink: when some one has a 220 they tend to have lots of fish to put in the tank, why because they have 220 gal of water. A Vertex 280 Imho stay away from them they have the sedra pumps and tey tend to loose power over time and its a cheap made skimmer.

Now a BK yes the Red dragon pump is impeccable however they to can calf and with the vertex skimmers they are a sound in vestment. and Deltec is in the top raves too with the Ehiem pump and dual action of 2 pumps that push high LPH.

if ya want I can chat with your friend or your self about skimmer PM me your number and I would greatly help out. Since im the SKIMMER KING

PS luck should have it that Im selling my Deltec AP 702 that is rated for 535 gal on a normal tank and on a heavy stock tank would be 400 gal and its external too.

HTH mike

Casey8
01-05-2012, 03:21 AM
Yes, he is a Skimmer King. You are lucky to get him helping you out choosing what brand is right for you.