PDA

View Full Version : GoPro Snowboarding Video

MarkoD
01-04-2012, 02:27 AM
went snowboarding yesterday in jasper and took out the GoPro camera for the first time.

i can honestly say i dont think i've ever been more impressed by such a small camera

here's the result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlUn99EZ6r4&list=UUnbIu0jpsWvrmBVjScQDLYQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Flash
01-04-2012, 02:31 AM
nice! looks like u had fun!

jostafew
01-04-2012, 02:36 AM
I hear you, mine's been awesome too! So far it's been with me skydiving, mountain biking, and in the car at the track. Soon to come skiing and this summer I plan to send it up on my model helis and planes!

MarkoD
01-04-2012, 02:48 AM
I hear you, mine's been awesome too! So far it's been with me skydiving, mountain biking, and in the car at the track. Soon to come skiing and this summer I plan to send it up on my model helis and planes!

post those on youtube. lets see em

jostafew
01-04-2012, 04:48 AM
Well here's what I've got handy:

Skydiving - First part of the video is mainly slideshow of photos, then the video starts once the chute is open during the jump (sadly they wouldn't let me bring the GoPro out during the freefall because the lines could get tangled on it).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkTRDb3IjLo

AutoCross - This was my first day using the GoPro at the track so I was learning what worked and what didn't, for eg. some of the angles were great but the camera might have had a nasty vibration on some surfaces. Again, not awesome but here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yj_UhsZmGo

I've got lots of mountain biking footage from Silverstar mountain in Vernon, and Ledgeview in Abbotsford but it's not edited together the two above. I may try to throw something up on youtube, will post later if I end up slapping something together hahah

vaughan.e
01-04-2012, 05:01 AM
looks really good
you gotta get a helmet mount

ive been thinking about getting one of these

lastlight
01-04-2012, 05:04 AM
I got the older Hero 960 for christmas... thing did terribly in my tank. Video was really blurry but apparently the stock enclosure is poor for stuff closer than 3m or something?

JBen
01-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Looks good MarkoD.
I've been toying with the idea of picking one up to compliment some of the things I do. On the odd occasion I take vid I use my mkiv, but the ability to plant it remote and use it UW is very attractive. Still on the fence

Lastlight.
I read somewhere that their MFD is around 8 inches and that might explain disappointing tank results.

MarkoD
01-04-2012, 12:20 PM
looks really good
you gotta get a helmet mount

ive been thinking about getting one of these

I have a helmet mount but no interest in using it. Everyone uses that.

And for underwater theres a flat lens adapter that fixes the focus issue

molotov
01-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Did you use a steadicam on a monopod or something? Also You said you don't like to use the helmet mounts but because you snowboard you have your hands free. Someone who skis or rides a bike doesn't have that luxury so a helmet cam is necessary.

Brandon5555
01-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Looks like nice powder. Went snowboarding for the first time at Nakiska this weekend and it wasnt great. Awesome video though!

jostafew
01-04-2012, 04:49 PM
BTW Marko, I'm diggin the pole mount in your vid, makes for a cool perspective (I agree, helmet mount is pretty ordinary but it has its place). When I bought mine I got the Motorsport kit that came with the suction cup mount and a bunch of hardware. I've since gotten the smaller tube mount so I can clamp it to the handle bars/seat post on my bike and will serve double duty to mount it to one of my ski poles when I head up to the mountain. I like what you did!

MarkoD
01-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Yeah I used the handle bar mount to mount it to an extendable monopod. So I could extend it as far as 5 feet out.

I did try it on a helmet last year but it was impossible to keep it steady. Hurt my neck trying to keep it steady. Plus I never got to be in the shot.

With the pole I get to be in the shot and it's way steadier.