PDA

View Full Version : I fed my anemone (orange bubble tip) some pulsing xenia by accident...is that ok?!

Kit with Cat
01-04-2012, 12:31 AM
So, I was pruning the xenias which is all over one side of my tank, and as I was getting them onto my bucket, one of them fell out of my hands and into the arms of my anemone perched on the upper corner of my glass. His tentacles completely engulfed the rather large sprig of pulsing xenia and I watched it get eaten. So far, it seems ok...is this ok in the long run/short run or try really hard to not let that happen again?
Thanks!

untamed
01-04-2012, 12:57 AM
I suppose you'll have to let us know what happens. Now if you can just teach you new to hunt them....

ashr
01-05-2012, 03:58 PM
My porcelain crab has been hanging out in my anemone.. very strange haha

dc4
01-05-2012, 04:52 PM
My porcelain crab has been hanging out in my anemone.. very strange haha

Porcelain crabs are also known as anemone crabs as they will host nems. My pair did it all the time, it actually caused my then small nem to stay closed so I traded them away.

ScubaSteve
01-05-2012, 05:12 PM
I've fed Xenia (by accident) to mini maxi men's and nuclear green paly's. Both ate it without problem. After that, I experimented a bit and I'd slip them little pieces of Xenia everytime I was removing some. Nem and paly's loved it.

Lampshade
01-05-2012, 07:12 PM
I've fed Xenia (by accident) to mini maxi men's and nuclear green paly's. Both ate it without problem. After that, I experimented a bit and I'd slip them little pieces of Xenia everytime I was removing some. Nem and paly's loved it.

Hmmm, this gives me an idea of how to deal with my finger leather trying to frag itself.

ashr
01-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Porcelain crabs are also known as anemone crabs as they will host nems. My pair did it all the time, it actually caused my then small nem to stay closed so I traded them away.

Ohh really? Well I will have to watch them.. he is wide open still so thats good news :):mrgreen:

Corbin
01-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Hmmm, this gives me an idea of how to deal with my finger leather trying to frag itself.

My Kenya tree frags itself like 3-4 times a weak, i either throw it in the fuge or let it float into a nem or paly they always eat it.