PDA

View Full Version : Radion vs. Kessil Pendant LED

stellarfly
01-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Hey Guys,

I have heard so much talk about the new Ecotech Radion LED light system recently. Personally, I love love love this LED system. Unfortunately, it comes with a whopping price tag of over $700. Its steep to say the least! And since it only replaces one 250W halide most tank owners would need two to cover their tanks. Recently, I discovered a company called Kessil. They produce pendant style LED spotlight fixtures. Everyone gives them great reviews and what has really caught my eye is the price. Each are only about $350. I understand that they are not modular, but the price is tempting.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Kessil's A150W pendants?
Good PAR?
Too much spotlighting?
Strong enough?
Will they grow SPS?

Does anyone own Kessil in Edmonton, AB??

Cheers!

HaZRaTTy
01-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Hey Guys,

I have heard so much talk about the new Ecotech Radion LED light system recently. Personally, I love love love this LED system. Unfortunately, it comes with a whopping price tag of over $700. Its steep to say the least! And since it only replaces one 250W halide most tank owners would need two to cover their tanks. Recently, I discovered a company called Kessil. They produce pendant style LED spotlight fixtures. Everyone gives them great reviews and what has really caught my eye is the price. Each are only about $350. I understand that they are not modular, but the price is tempting.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Kessil's A150W pendants?
Good PAR?
Too much spotlighting?
Strong enough?
Will they grow SPS?

Does anyone own Kessil in Edmonton, AB??

Cheers!

If you are not set on the price of the Radions and looking in the 350$ price range I would suggestion looking at Ai Sols - They are between 360-399$ and have good reviews as well. I am currently running 2 on my 65G with no complaints.