PDA

View Full Version : Yellow tang question

xnmuller
01-02-2012, 04:13 PM
My Yellow tang has been hiding for the last couple of days and today I notice that she is presenting darkish red marks running from top to middle of her body. I would sure appreciate any advice as to what this might be, if it is dangerous and what I can do to rid her of it.

daniella3d
01-02-2012, 04:55 PM
It would be best to post a pic and has anything being introduced recently?

It could be a bacterial infection, parasites etc...hard to tell.

paddyob
01-02-2012, 08:08 PM
My Yellow tang has been hiding for the last couple of days and today I notice that she is presenting darkish red marks running from top to middle of her body. I would sure appreciate any advice as to what this might be, if it is dangerous and what I can do to rid her of it.

I'm not sure, but does not sound good.

Try calling your LFS. Might get good info from them.

Tracey2
01-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Bacterial infection. My yellow tang had the same thing long ago in QT, I treated her successfully but I can't remember with what. If you can't move her maybe its time for a water change/cleanup. Good luck

daniella3d
01-03-2012, 02:13 AM
A very good broad spectrum med is Seachem Paraguard, but is it not reef safe so it must be done in a quarantine tank. It is good when the origine of the disease is not identified because it target so many things.

I used it to treat my niger trigger with a big popeye, worked very well.

Bacterial infection. My yellow tang had the same thing long ago in QT, I treated her successfully but I can't remember with what. If you can't move her maybe its time for a water change/cleanup. Good luck

xnmuller
01-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Thanks for the advice. I haven't ben able to get a good pic as she is always hiding. I have been doing a little reading and could been stressed induced. I have done a water change and have increased the nori feedings, no chemicals treatments as I am running a reef. I think she is starting to look better though. I will keep you posted

Tracey2
01-03-2012, 05:21 AM
Glad to hear she is looking better. I think it was paraguard I treated mine with, it is a great med in QT.