4. Add another layer of CA
5. Slap your frag on it
6. You get a secure mounted frag much better than with glue alone

....I tried it on those flower spikes and some rubble thus far
....I imagine other similar powders would work
....thinner CA might work

christyf5
01-01-2012, 10:21 PM
cool! I'll have to try that. I wish there was a better underwater method than epoxy. I just had 3 grown together colonies break off the rock and now have them jerry rigged with various chunks of rocks and frag plugs wedged in strategic spots to keep it upright. Stupid epoxy just doesn't stick :(

lastlight
01-01-2012, 10:24 PM
cool! I'll have to try that. I wish there was a better underwater method than epoxy. I just had 3 grown together colonies break off the rock and now have them jerry rigged with various chunks of rocks and frag plugs wedged in strategic spots to keep it upright. Stupid epoxy just doesn't stick :(

Did you already try glue-epoxy-glue inbetween coral and rock after giving the rock a good toothbrushing and patting the coral base dry with paper towel?

pinhead
01-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Superglue gel -epoxy putty ball - superglue gel works for me without fail.

christyf5
01-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Did you already try glue-epoxy-glue inbetween coral and rock after giving the rock a good toothbrushing and patting the coral base dry with paper towel?

Well I'll never get the coral base dry underwater :wink: The rock its supposed to be glued on weighs 15lbs and isn't coming out of the tank. I did do the toothbrush thing but the epoxy didn't stick, tried epoxy and CA mixed together (I think I wore more of that than the rock got). So far the propping method seems to work the best and generates less swear words.

ultreef
01-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Glue-putty-glue works pretty well. Most of the time. One time I got a stick from JL, forgot the brand. And once it entered water it pretty much was useless. Frags were falling off left and right.

The brand of putty from OA work alot better under water. I find that letting the putty hardened a few minutes before putting it in water works better. And turn off the power heads if you have really crazy current.