PDA

View Full Version : Missing fish

new2reef
12-31-2011, 10:51 PM
I have a 24gallon tank i made a mistake in doing filter maintenance last night. and woke up to my ocellaris in distress(seriously faded and one swimming off canter) realized mistake and corrected it. i went to work today and upon returning i seem to be missing one but the other is doing just fine, my question is would my six line kill and eat my little clown in a matter of 5 hours? if so should i be worried about him killing others in my tank?

daniella3d
01-01-2012, 12:13 AM
YOu have 2 clownfish and a six line wrasse in a 24 gallons tank??? kind of overcrowded so anything is possible. It is possible that the fish died on its own and decomposed, or it is stuck dead somewhere in the liverock. I doubt the six line would eat it but the cleanup crew would.

I have a 24gallon tank i made a mistake in doing filter maintenance last night. and woke up to my ocellaris in distress(seriously faded and one swimming off canter) realized mistake and corrected it. i went to work today and upon returning i seem to be missing one but the other is doing just fine, my question is would my six line kill and eat my little clown in a matter of 5 hours? if so should i be worried about him killing others in my tank?

howdy20012002
01-01-2012, 12:26 AM
3 fish in a 24 gallon would be fine.
I don't think anything in your tank could eat a body that quickly, nor do I think the six line wrasse killed your clown.
not sure what could have beyond tank parameters.
the body is probably stuck in the rock somewhere.
hopefully it is sleeping in the back.
good luck

MMAX
01-01-2012, 02:06 PM
YOu have 2 clownfish and a six line wrasse in a 24 gallons tank??? kind of overcrowded so anything is possible. It is possible that the fish died on its own and decomposed, or it is stuck dead somewhere in the liverock. I doubt the six line would eat it but the cleanup crew would.

What is this, ths clown poilce? Nothing wrong with 3 fish in a 24 gallon tank. Often when clowns sleep the look like they're in distress. Is your tank covered? If not it's possible you might have had a jumper.

new2reef
01-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the info guys, i did find my missing clown and unfortunately it is a dismal out come . hope you all have a Happy New Years

MMAX
01-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Where did you find him?

new2reef
01-01-2012, 04:21 PM
I have a Boyu MT50 tank and he managed to make his way into my water. Return pump some how and when I was doing my water change and had pumps off his tail appeared in the nozzle. Not sure how he got that far through the system