PDA

View Full Version : Clowns layed eggs tonight

Jason McK
02-21-2004, 04:56 AM
Very cool I shot a video buy it's 47M so I have to figure out my Video edit software before I shove it down anyone with dial up
You can see the eggs in orange sorta in the shadows between the two clowns

Here is a pic
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/503/537Clown_spawn_For_Web.jpg?6686

zulu_principle
02-21-2004, 04:58 AM
congrats...

Wendell

Buccaneer
02-21-2004, 05:18 AM
I was excited too the first time they laid eggs ... now it happens every 2 to 3 weeks :eek: ... fish food for the tank :mrgreen:

zulu_principle
02-21-2004, 05:26 AM
Funny thing is I have 9 pairs of which 7 have eggs right now.

Im still excited in the morning when I come in and see more eggs.

Wendell

pocilipora
02-21-2004, 04:24 PM
Are those false percs?

kuatto
02-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Congratulations,do they become very protective of the eggs?
I wish mine would start laying eggs(been paired up for over 2 yrs)

Jim

Jason McK
02-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Ya I think they are Faules Percs.
As the rock would be impossible to remove I think this clutch will go to the fishes.
But I have a 40G on order that will become the clown BTA tank. It will have no predators in it like Hermit crabs. I'm researching now for other inhabitants.
I will attempt to set it up so that were ever the BTA settles will have easily removable spots for the clowns to lay. Then I will set up a 10G for the eggs to hatch out. Feeding rotti and hopefully grow them out.
Thats the plan anyway.

BCOrchidGuy
02-21-2004, 07:44 PM
I gave two pairs of Clowns to a lady last year, she just moved and her occ's are spawned for her, she's got larvae already, she's moved them, She went out to Wendells and got some Rotifers and nanachloropsis and I gave her a rotifer filter. She's got a knack for raising fish, she supports her family by breeding bettas which aren't easy to raise. I believe she'll be able to raise some of those little beggers.

Doug