PDA

View Full Version : who are the Edmonton frag people

marlincoral
12-31-2011, 03:04 AM
When we had our tank about 3 years ago we knew the people with like 10 tanks in there house and they had lots of frags and fish that they sold out of there house where did all these people go? We used to go to these peoples houses twice a moth buying stuff and they used to pm us when they got new stock. Are there any basment frag people still in Edmonton? PM me

Brightwhite
12-31-2011, 03:34 AM
This feels like an "underground" thread.:popcorn:

paddyob
12-31-2011, 04:03 AM
There was a dude in the north end. He closed shop about 3 years ago. Saltwater fantasy or something like that.

fishoholic
12-31-2011, 03:20 PM
There was a dude in the north end. He closed shop about 3 years ago. Saltwater fantasy or something like that.

Ya I believe that's correct, I remember going there but he's been closed for a long time now.

Neal (howdy20012002) also had a store out of his basement years ago but a house fire shut him down. On the bright side he is planning on restarting his basement business and has quite a few tanks set up that are in the process of cycling etc. Will be a few months before he's ready to open up again but he's been working on it.

howdy20012002
12-31-2011, 04:59 PM
Who me??
I dont' think saltwater fantasy had corals - he didn't the couple of times I was there at least.
there was also Ryan and Rusty I believe(sorry guys if I got it wrong) - Can't remember the name of the company.
but they shut down a couple of years as well - it was actually probably them because they sold alot of frags.
I didn't really sell alot of frags, just whole colonies.

muck
12-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Could have been us... We decided to shut down the business though as we both didn't have the time to keep it running properly.

My suggestion though is to post a want ad with the corals you are looking for. There are plenty of reefers that have frags available from time to time that could help you out. If not RedCoral, BlueWorld, Marine Aquaria all have good prices on frags.

Ryan

marlincoral
01-01-2012, 03:04 PM
There is one guy I remember that drove a limo and was in the army he had amazing stuff and great prices

fishoholic
01-01-2012, 03:54 PM
There is one guy I remember that drove a limo and was in the army he had amazing stuff and great prices

That would be Neal (howdy20012002).

fencer
01-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah...it like that movie fight club...you have to know people, get a password and maps to find them

1st RULE: You do not talk about FRAG CLUB.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FRAG CLUB.
3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or you run out of money you leave now.
4th RULE: Only bring cash to a frag fest.
5th RULE: Buy a couple of frags at a time. Save some money for groceries
6th RULE: Bring your own bags
7th RULE: Frags will go on for sale as long as possible or until you get kicked out of the house
8th RULE: If this is your first night at FRAG CLUB, you HAVE to buy.

ALang
01-01-2012, 05:28 PM
:lol:

marlincoral
01-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Yes I love frag club

paddyob
01-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Yeah...it like that movie fight club...you have to know people, get a password and maps to find them

1st RULE: You do not talk about FRAG CLUB.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FRAG CLUB.
3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or you run out of money you leave now.
4th RULE: Only bring cash to a frag fest.
5th RULE: Buy a couple of frags at a time. Save some money for groceries
6th RULE: Bring your own bags
7th RULE: Frags will go on for sale as long as possible or until you get kicked out of the house
8th RULE: If this is your first night at FRAG CLUB, you HAVE to buy.

Sounds likes fun time... Who's got the first Frag?

Can we place bets? Or does that fall in the rule about saving money fir groceries?