PDA

View Full Version : Sick Naso Tang, Help!

KPG007
12-30-2011, 01:36 AM
I was feeding my tank today and noticed my Blonde Naso Tang not eating, in fact it was swimming rather calmly around the tank (instead of with a bit of purpose as it usually does). I've had the Tang for about 1 1/2 years and it has always been the picture of health. Yesterday it was swimming well, grazing as usual and very anxious to eat as usual. Eyes are bright and clear, body is smooth with no signs of damage or parasites, muscular with a nice little happy belly. All the other fish in the tank are behaving normally.

Is this normal, and something that happens from time to time or is it sick? Is it something that will pass or is it on the way out?

Help, Please!
Kelly

reefwars
12-30-2011, 01:37 AM
maybe something it ate while grazing??

KPG007
12-30-2011, 02:16 AM
maybe something it ate while grazing??

That thought crossed my mind. I have zoas ect. Maybe she took a bite of something and its making her sick.

Also, no laboured breathing, nice and calm, just not eating.

Aquattro
12-30-2011, 02:22 AM
I wouldn't worry about it just yet, it doesn't sound sick, maybe just off a bit. Give it a couple of days and see if it comes around.

KPG007
12-30-2011, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't worry about it just yet, it doesn't sound sick, maybe just off a bit. Give it a couple of days and see if it comes around.

Good news! My girlfriend fed the fish and the naso was back to her normal eating-like-a-pig ways! I feel much better now.

daniella3d
12-30-2011, 07:41 PM
I guess like humans they do have those days where they have upset stomach or little headhackes :)

Good news! My girlfriend fed the fish and the naso was back to her normal eating-like-a-pig ways! I feel much better now.