PDA

View Full Version : Pump help

martym
02-20-2004, 11:47 PM
The pump on my prizm delux didn't come back on after a power surge this morning. Unfortunatly my wife didn't notice it. It was pretty warm when I got home. How would I know if it is the impeller or not. When I finally got it apart the bottom 2 pieces where not attached. A small white part and a black rubber part. If I leave the housing off and play with the impeller, I can get it started but it won't keep running. Any suggestions? Other than buying a euro skimmer that is :smile:
Thanks

robbyville
02-21-2004, 08:50 PM
Hi Marty, not sure if it helps, but I will look at my pump later tonight or tomorrow to see if I can see anything that could prove fruitful.

I did have a problem with my Prism pump once but it was deemed defective and replaced with a new one.

Speak with you soon,

Rob

BCOrchidGuy
02-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Marty, just unplug it let it cool then empty it/drain it, you may need to clean the impeller. Put water back in, don't put the U tube on though, plug it in and if the impeller runs great if not, stick something like a bamboo skewer in there and just give the impeller a budge. Put it all together and you should be fine. I used to have that problem with aqua clears all the time.

Doug