PDA

View Full Version : Do Blennies get stung by corals ?

Acipenser
12-28-2011, 04:22 PM
I ask this because I just added a few softies to my tank my Bicolored blennie keeps trying to rest on them or near them and then acts as if he was stung by trying to nip at his self and then rubs on the rocks. But he has not put the two together and goes right back to the coral :lol:

paddyob
12-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Any fish can be stung. Even clowns.

My tail spot blenny always sits on my monticaps.

Acipenser
12-28-2011, 05:37 PM
I am wondering if there is something else wrong with the blennie ? maybe he is acting aggressive since I placed the colt in " his " territory. He is "flashing " off the rocks and nipping his own tail .

paddyob
12-28-2011, 05:43 PM
I am wondering if there is something else wrong with the blennie ? maybe he is acting aggressive since I placed the colt in " his " territory. He is "flashing " off the rocks and nipping his own tail .

Any visible marks on him? Stinging usually looks like little black freckles.

Maybe he has a parasite he is trying to scratch off.

Acipenser
12-28-2011, 06:20 PM
No freckles or anything on his body , if any thing he looks a little washed out color wise. I moved the colt out of his line of site and he stopped doing his flashing off the rock thing, but has now moved himself across the tank to rest vertically against the heater, this fish must of eaten too much led paint as a kid !